HDD prices in the US are going up

GeorgeO

After the flooding in Thailand it looks as if it's not just Honda cars that are affected. HDD prices are going up significantly. I had planned to buy a couple of 2TB drives but have shelved those plans for now.

I was going to post about this on the other floods thread.

Prices have hit the roof here too! I was speccing out a build the other day, and I had to rub my eyes a few times to make sure that I wasn't dreaming when I saw the current price of a 1 TB WD Green HDD. What used to be about 3.1k about 2 months back is now 5.5k. 0_0

Price of other electronics items may also increase. Luckily I bought a 1TB WD Green HDD for 2.8K three months back.

Fortunately I am sitting on 2 X 4TB + 1 X 1.5TB, so I'm okay for the time being. The trick is to delete movies/TV shows once you seen them.

woah....looks like my 2 TB NAS plans have to wait....Any idea when the prices would come back to normal ?

Q2 2012 should be a good time to buy. Prices should go up till December and should gradually fall till March and Q2 will see a significant fall which may prolong till Q3.

The Kolkata Market for Hard Drive is same with prices of Internal and External hard drive touching the sky, but a very simple question came to my mind is How come prices of Seagat Drive increased when it is made in China but not Thailand.

Am I smelling something fishy ??

:rolleyes:;):rolleyes:;)

Seagate has some components from Thailand but they are assembled in China so they are running out of components for HDD........God alone knows when the market will be normal......:annoyed:

Western Digital has a factory in Thailand.......

Saurabh

Sorry my capacity should have read 3 X 2 TB and 2 X 1.5 TB plus a couple of 500GBs and increasing-but yes I agree, that's a fair amount of capacity. My dictum w.r.t HDD is better more than less!

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back