HDMI ARC and CEC conflict with Set Top Box

Stayalive

I am facing issue with HDMI control in Yamaha receiver where ARC and CEC won't work with my set top box. I searched and found, most set top box in India are not tuned with standard CEC and when AVR tries to control the set top box it fails resulting confilict with TV's ARC and CEC. When I remove the HDMI input of set top box, it works flawlessly.
I found a solution where you can plug your set top box with CEC-Less HDMI cable in which the 13th pin is disabled from manufacturer which control CEC. This way AVR don't try to control set top box resulting ARC and CEC works fine with TV.

The problem is, I don't find CEC-Less cable in India, any reference would be appreciated. I have Dish HD Nxt box, how it is working with rest of set top box?

The other way around is convert HDMI >> DVI and then back to DVI >> HDMI, since DVI don't have CEC capability, it will so the same effect of CEC-Less cable.

I am facing the same issue,
As soon as I connect my set-top box hdmi to tv my soundbar(connected by hdmi arc) get disabled(volume is muted for all hdmi inputs and it doesn't turn on/with my tv)

TV: LG 49UF770T
Soundbar: Yamaha YAS-307
Set-top box: d2h v-7000 HDW(same as Dish nxt Hd)

do you have any fix till now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200607-155516_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200607-155516_Gallery.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 12
Nevermind I actually found a free fix for that.

I just cutted a cello tape strip thin enough to cover only one HDMI pin, and I putted it over pin 13(used only for CEC) of the HDMI cable going into STB(can't risk it getting torn and stuck inside my TV), and it worked.

Initially I thought it was a stupid idea, it turned out to be most intelligent as CEC less HDMI adapter are selling for $15 online.

I just cutted a cello tape strip thin enough to cover only one HDMI pin, and I putted it over pin 13(used only for CEC) of the HDMI cable going into STB(can't risk it getting torn and stuck inside my TV), and it worked.

Initially I thought it was a stupid idea, it turned out to be most intelligent as CEC less HDMI adapter are selling for $15 online.

any tips on how to do this? whenever i try the tape is too thin & it gets cut by the connector after awhile. plus its a pain to stick such a thin piece of tape as it has to just cover that 1 pin. tried breaking the pin with a thin screwdriver too but they're pretty tough & didnt want to press it too hard else it might break the whole connector.

any tips on how to do this? whenever i try the tape is too thin & it gets cut by the connector after awhile. plus its a pain to stick such a thin piece of tape as it has to just cover that 1 pin. tried breaking the pin with a thin screwdriver too but they're pretty tough & didnt want to press it too hard else it might break the whole connector.
Hi, i am facing same issue.any fix found for this?

Hi. Any other fix for the problem

I am facing issue with HDMI control in Yamaha receiver where ARC and CEC won't work with my set top box. I searched and found, most set top box in India are not tuned with standard CEC and when AVR tries to control the set top box it fails resulting confilict with TV's ARC and CEC. When I remove the HDMI input of set top box, it works flawlessly.
I found a solution where you can plug your set top box with CEC-Less HDMI cable in which the 13th pin is disabled from manufacturer which control CEC. This way AVR don't try to control set top box resulting ARC and CEC works fine with TV.

The problem is, I don't find CEC-Less cable in India, any reference would be appreciated. I have Dish HD Nxt box, how it is working with rest of set top box?

The other way around is convert HDMI >> DVI and then back to DVI >> HDMI, since DVI don't have CEC capability, it will so the same effect of CEC-Less cable.
Hi, have you got any fix for this

Thanks a lot @Utkarsh_

I faced the same issue, and your suggested workaround helped :)

I have this adapter (minus the CEC pin) imported from the US via amazon for INR1.8k, lying never used even once. I can sell to anyone interested for INR 1.5K . Anyone interested can DM me.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back