HDMI, Co-axial, Optical or RCA

This could be a limitation with the 3300. What you could do (if not done already), is to use the BDP as two sources for the 3300. Set one for HDMI, and another as CD. In the second source use the Analogue is (RCA) as your input connection. Instead of removing cables, you can switch between the two using the 3300 remote, depending upon whether you use a BR/DVD or a CD. I have used the same technique for the connection between my Oppo 983 and the Onkyo 875. The HDMI and analogue cables are both connected.

Cheers

I would refrain from doing that. We should check if the AVR stays powered on as it could be the HDMI controls like "Anynet+" where the TV is asking the AVR to switch off.

If above is not true, I would use a coax or optical connection (in the order of preference) instead of analog which may sound worst unless when the DAC of AVR is quite inferior to that of the BDP or CD Player.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back