HDMI to coaxial converter

pr_vishnu

Hi Guys

I have a Onkyo_HT-R340 AV receiver. It has Coaxial and optical as digital input. I would like to connect my laptop which only has a HDMI output to this AV receiver. Also I have a Epson 705 HD projector which can connect using HDMI input. Is there any device which can take HDMI as Input and output to HDMI out for projector and Coaxial/Optical out for my av receiver?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

at present you can easily enjoy 2 ch without doing anything.
ur onkyo must have RCA in..
connect from laptop 3.5mm into that RCA in and enjoy.
simmultaneously connect hdmi from laptop into projector and enjoy.
select no audio via hdmi in laptop player...

if and only if you have real 6 ch files with dts or ac3......then yes you do need a device as hdmi input and video and audio separator and so on....

if it wud be a desktop a souncard cud be added with optical.coax output..being a laptop..its the problem

anyway here is the solution....it will do the job..enjoy
HDMI to Component - YPbPr + VGA + Optical & Stereo Audio Converter Splitter | eBay

but it will not give any hdmi video output....so video will be compromised...

so you have to also buy this...
http://www.ebay.in/itm/HDMI-1-In-to...4?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item257b0a6f3a

feed the hdmi from your laptop into the spillitter.
from there ,feed one output into projector
feed another output into the converter hdmi in..
from the converter spdif out..feed onkyo spdif in...
this will work cent percent.
enjoy
total damage 6.5k.....

http://www.ebay.in/itm/HDMI-4-IN-2-...9?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item1c1f15a095

this will work also..chepaer too..plus all in one..

this way you can enjoy your non hdmi avr for long time....no need to upgrade to modern avr for now..........and imo the old avrs do have better compmnonents than the modern ones....

Last edited:
If you want 5.1 Surround Sound then,
Cables & Etc Component YPbPr & S/PDIF Digital Coax/Optical Toslink Audio to HDMI | eBay.

If you are happy with 2 Ch. sound.
GOLD PLATED HDMI TO 5RCA AV PS3 COMPONENT CABLE 5 RCA | eBay.

You can connect the Component(Y/Pb/Pr) to the ports in your receiver for video, and the Optical cable or RCA to the respective channels for audio.

devils bro..the first link device works is other way..gives hdmi output..and the second link device wont work
no offecnece..i know you just wanted to help:eek:hyeah:...but maybe you are urself buying the devices..so i just corrcted....so that your's or someone else's money is not wasted

Life without HDMI will become soon difficult for you. Sell your Onkyo and get a new AVR instead of spending 5k or 10k on such convertors or adapters or whatever.

devils bro..the first link device works is other way..gives hdmi output..and the second link device wont work
no offecnece..i know you just wanted to help:eek:hyeah:...but maybe you are urself buying the devices..so i just corrcted....so that your's or someone else's money is not wasted

Sir, Read it carefully, it is an HDMI Splitter,read the specifications,I think it can work both ways, however you splitter is a better option, thanks for correcting :)
Another thing, the HDMI Splitter will give HD video through component, as component supports resolutions upto 1080p.

Last edited:
You can convert HDMI signals to coaxial using a HDMI-Over-Coaxial converter. HDMI Over Coaxial converters enable you to send high definition audio and video signals over the existing coaxial wiring in your home. Once the converter is setup, you can use it to watch HDMI devices, such as a Blu-ray player, or receiver from any room in your home or office.

Check if you AVR supports 1080p via component..Mostly it won't if its older ones.

What the OP asked about is HDMI to optical or coaxial audio converter for his old avr which has no hdmi input to decode sound from his laptop hdmi.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back