HDMI to DVI Connvertor?

EthenHunt

Hi All,

From where i could get a HDMI to DVI convertor. I am already having an DVI cable, but want to connect from the HDMI port to the DVI in of the monitor. I could not find a convertor. Please advice where i will get the same and approx cost for the same. i dnt need an HDMI to DVI cable, since i want to utilize my DVI cable :)

Find an MX dealer (MDR Electronics) in your area. He will have one. Cost will be around 800 Rs.

well typically, HDMI to DVI doesn't exist. However DVI to HDMI is available. That's because of a conflict in technologies, since HDMI content is mostly HDCP (content protected).
In your case, since you have a monitor, the best you could do it try getting a DVI to VGA adapter or an HDMI to VGA adapter. But that's a compromise since HDMI is digital and VGA is analogue.

well typically, HDMI to DVI doesn't exist. However DVI to HDMI is available. That's because of a conflict in technologies, since HDMI content is mostly HDCP (content protected).

HDMI to DVI exists, I have a HDMI to DVI cable which I used to connect my samsung monitor with my WD TV. HDCP is content related has little to do with the cable itself .....

*** OFF TOPIC ***
Ethanhunt ..... are you the same ethanhunt from THD....????

In your case, since you have a monitor, the best you could do it try getting a DVI to VGA adapter or an HDMI to VGA adapter. But that's a compromise since HDMI is digital and VGA is analogue.

This is not entirely true.As long as you use HDMI for only video,it can be-
http://www.mdrelectronics.com/ProductDisplay.asp?PID=3134
MDR Electronics - MX Electronics - Home Theater Cables & Connectors - Computers & Laptop Accessories - Pro Audio / Studio Audio Cables & Connectors - Audio Video Components & Accessories - Fiber Optic Component & Accessories - Cable TV Component & Ac

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back