Headphone Amplifier

rejeeb

Could you please recommend a 'budget' model headphone amplifier.
(Price range 3-6K)

I came across the following 3 in the above price range, pls advise:

Behringer Micromon MA400
FiiO E10 Olympus USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
Asus Xonar U7

Last edited:
If the usage is PC / Laptop as source, you can consider nuforce udac 2 also. I have been using this for the last three year and it is good.

My primary usage is going to be with my electronics drums, for silent practice.

Headphone amps are usually used for high-impedance headphones. The common headphones have lower-impedance (<80ohm) and therefore don't need an amp. So, you don't have to buy a headphone, especially for practising.

Many of the high-end headphones are used purely for critical listening. If you are talking about sound engineering and need accurate sound then you might need reference quality monitor headphones.

TL;DR
Buy a decent low-budget headphone like Sennheiser HD202.

@kratu
I already have a good quality headphone JBL J55. But the volume is too low, low end notes are not all audible. So I am exploring whether I can improve the volume with an amp.

the man got what he needed:clapping:noise isolation and volume...Fiio is one of the best cheap solutions and easily available in our country.

I would like to learn about amps like o2...heard good about it...is it better than fiio e11?:D

I recently shipped a soldered Objective2 for 70+30$ so it came for around 6000, no customs. add the adapter, rechargeable batteries, and make a case(or dont) for a 1000. For 7000, extremely hard to beat, even under 15000 I would presume. Clean, powerful amplification without any color or distortion...should work better than fiio e11 according to specs

Back