Headphones under 15k

msankadi

Hi

I want to buy a Wired headphones which can be used for both gaming and music.

My usage is primarily going to be 80% games and 20% music

For games I am planning to connect it to my ps4 remote which wires the sound through the remote. I know that such small remote won't be able to drive any significant ohms headphones. I do have an option to connect it directly to my avr as that is close to where I sit for playing as well.

I would like to have a more surround and engaging experience. I would like a closed back headphone.
Comfort should be good

Couple of options I have looked at are ath m50x, hd 280 pro.

Also what do you think about this brand akg headphones. They seem to be quite vfm and reviewed well too. Any experience?

Do I need to spend that much or something like HD 280pro itself will be good enough

Hi

I want to buy a Wired headphones which can be used for both gaming and music.

My usage is primarily going to be 80% games and 20% music

For games I am planning to connect it to my ps4 remote which wires the sound through the remote. I know that such small remote won't be able to drive any significant ohms headphones. I do have an option to connect it directly to my avr as that is close to where I sit for playing as well.

I would like to have a more surround and engaging experience. I would like a closed back headphone.
Comfort should be good

Couple of options I have looked at are ath m50x, hd 280 pro.

Also what do you think about this brand akg headphones. They seem to be quite vfm and reviewed well too. Any experience?

Do I need to spend that much or something like HD 280pro itself will be good enough
nothing wrong with AKG, also another option could be Beyerdynamic

nothing wrong with AKG, also another option could be Beyerdynamic
Thanks any specific options.. I saw recommendations for dt 990 pro but they are open back

Any options with better drivers life magnetic ones?

How about ath m50x... Would that be a good solution?

How about ath m50x... Would that be a good solution?

Personally I did not like the M50X at all. Too tight a seal, sounded ok , I ended up with a AT AD700 which were amazing for gaming (both SP and MP) which are not easily available these days. I would suggest DT 990 based on popular public opinion, if you want something which will cater to your music as well the HD650 on Amazon is a great option though quiet outside your budget.

@msankadi since your main purpose is gaming, have you checked out Xbox's new wireless and wired headsets?

My friend got the wireless ones for 6-7k and he loves it. He even uses them for work purposes.

@msankadi since your main purpose is gaming, have you checked out Xbox's new wireless and wired headsets?

My friend got the wireless ones for 6-7k and he loves it. He even uses them for work purposes.
Thanks for the suggestion? This one?

I have a ps4 but since wired is good enough for me this should work. Also, would there be any bt dongles that I can connect to my avr to receive ps4 audio over bt?

Yes thats the one but my friend uses wireless one, the wired one should work with PS4 too.

I have a ps4 but since wired is good enough for me this should work. Also, would there be any bt dongles that I can connect to my avr to receive ps4 audio over bt?

You may experience sound lag, wired one will be a good use just my experience.
If you get the Proper musical headsets, you can use 6.5mm converter jacks and connect to AVR, the wires are long enough you can sit on couch and liste.

I have a AT mx20 or 30 I guess, given to me by a friend I have tried the above way.

Thanks based on reviews price and warranty availability in India, have finally narrowed it down to hyperx cloud 2 or cloud alpha s, both of them have USB sound card included too for ps4

Thanks based on reviews price and warranty availability in India, have finally narrowed it down to hyperx cloud 2 or cloud alpha s, both of them have USB sound card included too for ps4
Changed my mind and went and bought Brainwavz HM5..so excited

Changed my mind and went and bought Brainwavz HM5..so excited
How is your experience - how are you driving them? I owned HM5 few years ago but only for a short while. Changing pads can be a lot of fun as well. It'll be interesting to get a fresh 2022 perspective on these cans

How is your experience - how are you driving them? I owned HM5 few years ago but only for a short while. Changing pads can be a lot of fun as well. It'll be interesting to get a fresh 2022 perspective on these cans
I am not an audiophile so pls take my comments with a cup of salt

Am using it primarily for gaming plugged into my avr which is fed through the ps4... I have realized I like the feel of open back HD 599 better compared to this... I feel a bit suffocated kind of feeling while wearing this as compared to my hd599.
. Coming to sound no issues at all.. At 50% volume it is probably too loud for me... Very good clarity... Though doesn't compare to the bass I feel while playing on my speakers but that is to be expected I guess

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back