Headphones

prajnyan

Hi, in search of a good pair of headphones under 3k. Should i go for audio-technica or maybe jbl? akg, sony are also under the radar.

akg / audio technica under 3k ??? which ones ??

what will be the usage ?
what will be the source ?

last but not least.. 1st post.. welcome to the forum...:)

So far AKGs have been conspicuously absent from Indian retailers
For your budget - suggest looking at the Sennheiser HD219s or the JBL Tempo
The Denon AD 310 looks ultra luxurious ... and it is within your budget. See if you can give them a try

akg / audio technica under 3k ??? which ones ??

what will be the usage ?
what will be the source ?

last but not least.. 1st post.. welcome to the forum...:)

there are 3 sub- 3k technica models on flipkart. Audio technica sj11, 22 n 55( though the 55 is on the wrong side of 3000). and about AKG, the AKG k 512 is priced at around 2900.

usage : music. mostly rock, alternative kinda genres.
source: laptop, cellular device ;)

So far AKGs have been conspicuously absent from Indian retailers
For your budget - suggest looking at the Sennheiser HD219s or the JBL Tempo
The Denon AD 310 looks ultra luxurious ... and it is within your budget. See if you can give them a try

Allright. and what about the AKG K 512? and about JBL tempo...there seems to be a bunch of tempos. among them the J04 has caught my eye. any suggestions regarding any particular model?
thank you anyways :)

18.gif

The AKG 512s seem like a pair of good headphones. The reviews on the internet seem to suggest it to be very analytical and slightly lower in bass.

I had the Audio Technica SJ55 too - though when I bought it, it was more than 4000. Again very clear and analytical - very good separation of instruments - but finally bass just a little underwhelming. (Gave it to my brother and he is very happy with it though. I have the Klipsch Image One)

I have found that the full size headphones dont agree with both my ears and the head. Ears get heated up and the clamp results in headache after an hour or so of listening (based on Sennheiser HD280). Since then I have always gone for portable models - they are usually exceedingly comfortable to wear. Slight drop is audio quality is more than acceptable to me - I love the Image One's sound anyway

The JBL Tempo I was referring to was this one JBL Tempo On Ear Headphone - JBL: Flipkart.com - unfortunately model number is not mentioned on Flipkart site

A colleague in office ordered it and I got to listen to it for a while. While not as clear as the Image Ones, it is still very nice and easy listening - while being very comfortable to wear. Bass was strong. (I dont have enough audiophile experience to explain in more technical terms).

I have been using Sennheiser PX100. Open backed, so not for noisy background or public places. Otherwise very comfortable and very good clarity. Might be available on ebay (white color for Rs 2k).

PX80 is widely available for abt 1.7k, but not used it. Should be similar to PX 100.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back