Hello everyone..

Mubeen

Hello guys (and girls, if there are any audiophile, gadget loving girls around here? :))

My name is Mubeen and i am currently living in Pune. My fascination with hi-fi audio goes way back to school days, when i would listen to music on a Sony mid-fi system, playing endlessly with its 10 band EQ and speaker placement to get the 'right' sound. It could never satisfy (do we ever get satisfied in this hobby?), but it was pretty good. My knowledge of hi-fi at that time was limited to the regular consumer grade mid-fi systems from Sony, Aiwa and likes, with atrocious claims like 2400 watts(!!) pasted on fronts. I was, at the time, blissfully unaware of what existed above, the world of hi-fi.

I am a software engineer by profession, and that gave me an opportunity to live in UK around 3 yrs. There, while looking for something simple for personal listening, i came across the world of 'hi-fi'. I was hooked, naturally. I was like a child, who suddenly got the key to a room full of all the toys he ever desired. I went on and played with what i could afford, for all the time i stayed there.

During my stay in UK, i have heard and experienced countless amps, speakers, turntables etc. Been to hi-fi shows, showrooms etc. Listened to some really, and i mean really, incredible systems like Meridian, Bryston, ADAM etc.

I also personally owned components from quite a few brands, to name a few, Marantz, Naim, Meridian, Cambridge Audio, Harman Kardon, Pioneer (vintage silver series), PMC, JBL etc. Had a nice turntable too from Pro-ject. Sold it off before before returning to India. Wasnt sure if it would survive in dusty climate here.

My current system is in my signature. Having used and heard quite a few, this is the system i think presented the best cost to performance ratio and i was (and still am) really impressed with the quality and engineering of each component. I imported this system while i returned to India this year. It was an 'interesting' experience to deal with Indian customs ;)

I am on the lookout for a nice pair of passive speakers. Will probably need help from you guys in near future to find out dealers etc. I see that well known brands are now officially available in India, thats quite nice.

Really pleased to be join this amazing forum and to be part of the community. Looking forward to having a good time and great experience.

Cheers fellas :thumbsup:

Mubeen

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Mubeen:

Forgot to add, very impressive gear, indeed.

:)

Thanks man. Painfully acquired and imported, rendered me virtually bankrupt! :)

You got a nice amp, CA 640A, one of my personal favourite. A giant killer in my opinion. I had it for a while, loved it.

Are you not using your power amp?

I am using the power amp at present, with speakers from my 12yr old Sony mid-fi component system. Speakers dont sound too bad, probably becasue Sony used to be of good quality at the time (12 yrs ago)

I sometimes switch to ADAM A7 monitors. but i am thinking of selling them off to fund a nice pair of passive speakers.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back