Help for Subwoofer Connection

AV55

Hi,

I have a Marantz SR7008 AVR and JBL infinity tower speakers along with a JBL Northridge E series E250P / 230 subwoofer.

Presently I have connected a cable between "Line Level In - L" of the subwoofer and "subwoofer-1" terminal of the AVR. I have set the main tower speakers as "Small". I am not getting any thumping sound from the subwoofer (speaker is working). Please advise me on the correct connection and setting of this subwoofer to the AVR 7008.

For your reference the subwoofer picture is attached.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Subwoofer JBL E250P.jpg
    Subwoofer JBL E250P.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 64
Hi,

I have a Marantz SR7008 AVR and JBL infinity tower speakers along with a JBL Northridge E series E250P / 230 subwoofer.

Presently I have connected a cable between "Line Level In - L" of the subwoofer and "subwoofer-1" terminal of the AVR. I have set the main tower speakers as "Small". I am not getting any thumping sound from the subwoofer (speaker is working). Please advise me on the correct connection and setting of this subwoofer to the AVR 7008.

For your reference the subwoofer picture is attached.

Thanks.
hi
kindly check 1. settings in avr ie subwoofer : yes 2.crossover freq 120hz
3.front spkr small
4.check cable by disconnecting from avr touch the phono tip you can hear a thumbing sound should come from sub if sub and cable are working 5.turn off auto switch if any in sub 5.disable the cross over network in sub . set it to max 120hz .6. use both inputs in sub and avr
hope this will work

Last edited:
Dear Karthi,

Thanks for the info. I shall try that tonight.
Please explain "use both inputs in sub and avr " in your reply. I don't understand this.

Thanks.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back