Help in deciding an amplifier with Energy CF-70 FS

hemya

Hi...Looking for recommendations for an integrated amplifier for my Energy CF-70 floor standing speakers. Would like to stay under 40k.

I used to use the speakers in a full Energy speakers surround setup with an Onkyo TX SR 604 AVR. The entire setup was my HT setup when I lived in the US.

When I moved back to Pune I didn't have much space in my apartment so was using the Energy CF-70 speakers with an Athena subwoofer and an Energy centre channel speaker. This was to be a temp setup till I moved to a bigger place which never happened. Anway...Long story short, the Onkyo AVR is dead and I am now inclined to move a setup catered to music so am looking for a good integrated amp for the Energy CF-70 speakers
Energy : Connoisseur Series : CF-70

I listen mainly to rock, jazz, indian classical and electronic music in flac or on CD. Occasionally mp3 too... and a little bit of music will by via LP.

Right now I wanted to keep it under 40k so I narrowed it down to the:
Onkyo A9050
Marantz PM6006
Yamaha R-S500
Denon PMA720

Also spoke to the lady at Telome in Mumbai and she recommended the Telome TA 8200.

So .....any help from you guys would be really appreciated...Thanks a lot guys!!

A quick update based on all what I have read and researched sunce yesterday ...

I have narrowed it down further and am confused between the Onkyo A9050 and the Marantz PM6006. I am getting both at the same price of 35k, though the Marantz is priced higher in the internationally than the Onkyo...The Yamaha and Denon are out of the running mostly but I keep feeling sometimes that I should be considering the Yamaha amp

The Energy speakers have the following specs
System Type 3-way floorstanding, bass reflex with front-firing port
Impedance 8 Ohms nominal; 4 Ohms minimum
Frequency Response 34Hz - 20kHz 3dB
Power Handling 20-300W per channel
Sensitivity 96dB
Midrange 5.5" (140mm) with Ribbed Elliptical Surround
Woofer 2 x 6.5" (165mm) w/Ribbed Elliptical Surrounds
Crossover Point 2kHz, 650Hz

Any help is appreciated...thank you...

I also spoke to Norge Audio today and they quoted 13.5k for the 1000 Gold and 15k for the Mosfet 2000. That is what they recommended for these speakers...

Cheers!

I have narrowed it down further and am confused between the Onkyo A9050 and the Marantz PM6006. I am getting both at the same price of 35k, though the Marantz is priced higher in the internationally than the Onkyo...The Yamaha and Denon are out of the running mostly but I keep feeling sometimes that I should be considering the Yamaha amp

Sensitivity 96dB

I also spoke to Norge Audio today and they quoted 13.5k for the 1000 Gold and 15k for the Mosfet 2000. That is what they recommended for these speakers...

Cheers!

There is a 100w denon pma 1600 on hifiads. Com
A pair of trusty ears likes the onkyo you refer to.

An audition will be ideal but not always possible....

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are not averse to buying used there must be lots of choices in the used market, take some time and see if any preloved amp is available, you might be able to go a rung higher this way!

Sensitivity 96dB

Cheers!

I finally went in for the Marantz unit.

The lcocal dealer in Pune did not have much informaiton on when the Onkyo might be available and he was offering the Yamaha display piece at the same price as a new one. He was reluctantly agreeing to ordering a new Yamaha piece if I placed the order with him.

I called Hifimart yesterday and the gentleman was very patient in answering all my questions about the Marantz unit and how it might pair with my speakers. That went a long way in convincing me that this was the way to move forward. So just ordered the unit an hour ago. Will post my experience once I get it this weekend..

Thank you for the suggestions!

I finally went in for the Marantz unit.

just ordered the unit an hour ago. Will post my experience once I get it this weekend..

Thank you for the suggestions!

Congratulations. Which model did you order and price if its OK? How much was the display piece Yamaha for in Pune?

MaSh

Congratulations. Which model did you order and price if its OK? How much was the display piece Yamaha for in Pune?

MaSh

I went in for the Marantz PM 6006 for 35k from Hifimart

The Yamaha RS5000 was offered to me at 36500 (when I visited the shop) which is the same price the piece is being sold by them on amazon. However in the email they sent to me they offered it at 38.5 k which I assume was a typo.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back