help me for my room acoustics(photo attached)

subabu2002

hi friends,

sorry for repeated topics.. still i didnt get clean solution for my echo problems..

for this , i have attached 3 photos of my bed room cum stereo listening room..

my gears are ,

marantz pm 6005 stereo amplifier
q acoustics 2020i speakers.

i tested this pair in my office ( book shop) which contains lots of book racks.. it sounded excellent and great details without echos.. i know, that the reason is odd size racks and books are the reason..

but i just moved my new house , there is only one option for my stereo set up is my 10*10 bed room 9ft high and has 2 lofts..

i tested today , still i cant get clear sound as in my office..

what are all places the absorbtion will i need to fix?

i planned to use false ceiling with mineral fibre tiles or wood wool tiles?
for side walls , i still confused..

ideas are welcome..

front_zps14b5326c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

rearview_zps5960ec34.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

side_zps889b823a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

thank you
-suresh babu

Suresh

Typically one tried to treat the different points of reflection. So if you use a laser and identify the area where the sound travels and his the wall you can treat that area first, if you want to do additional treatment, then place a mirror there and see where the laser beam reflects from your speaker via the mirror is the second point.

Does this help?

but i just moved my new house , there is only one option for my stereo set up is my 10*10 bed room 9ft high and has 2 lofts..

Your room is perfect square, and unfortunately it's also close to a perfect cube. That makes for a room that's not very sound-friendly: Lots of standing waves.

In a small square room, generally, one strategy that works is to place the speakers along a diagonal. That is, have the speakers face a corner, with a corner behind them. In some cases, using this placement in an asymmetric fashion gives even better results. In a bedroom with a bed in it, this sort of placement could be a challenge (WAF and all that), unless you're single.

Here are some other tips on placement in a square room: WASP: speakers placement [English]

The first three standing waves in the room are going to be at 57Hz, 113Hz, and 170Hz. You can minimize/cancel all three by placing your speakers at 1/4 and 3/4 points of room width.

Cover as much of the front wall as possible with absorption. Next location would be the back wall. Reflections from side walls add spaciousness. Reflections from the front and back walls muddy the soundstage.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back