Help need - how do I fix my system?

ahoffme3

Guys, I just registered because I really need your help. I tried to study about it by myself without success. Please, allow me to start by the basics:

My name is Alex.

My Home Theater system is composed by:
- A/V Receiver Onkyo TX-NR3010
- Speakers Mordaunt-short Aviano (Floorstand Aviano 6, Center Aviano 5 and Surround Aviano 2
- My Subwoofer is the Tannoy TS-10
- My Bluray player is an Oppo BDP-105
- I also use the system with Foxtel device

My problem is the following: I bought the Oppo BDP-105 instead of the 103 in order to get all the quality audio I can from it. Bought it yesterday (the Onkyo Receiver is 3 months old). However, just after to buy it I learned that the Onkyo TX-NR3010 does not have analog inputs to match with the Oppo BDP-105.

Please, please, what is your suggestion? I don't want start to sell things. Usually we loose a lot of money on it.

Thanks,
Alex

unless you want to surround Audio music a lot. I would stick to the built in decoder for movies and use the analog inputs for music. The analog inputs will make a difference only if you use it in 'direct' mode with all the DSP turned off.

Greenhorn, many, many thanks.

However, the whole issue is that the Onkyo 3010 does not have analog ins. Seems that Onkyo gave up of this "old technology".

Thanks once more,
Alex

erm, which device are you talking about. It has stereo analog inputs (and a whole bunch of them) Onkyo USA | TX-NR3010

If you want 7.1 analog inputs, I guess that's not there

Yes, I was talking about the 7.1 analog inputs.
I was thinking on to buy a pre-processor to work in between the oppo and the Onkyo. However another good mate in the forum already answered that it won't work. I am learning that to take full advantage from my Oppo to movies, just replacing my 3 months old Onkyo Receiver. Right?

Yes, I was talking about the 7.1 analog inputs that definitely are not there.

I already thought on to add an pre-processor in between the Oppo and the Onkyo. However, another expert from this community already told me that this won't work.

I am figuring out that the only option to take full advantage from my Oppo audio capabilities, for movies, is to buy another Integrated receiver. It hurts because my Onkyo is just 3 months old.

Do you seen any other solution?

Many thanks once more.

To clarify further on greenhorn's post

Refer the BDP maual Page 16

Your situation is described in the maual Extract below:
"Connecting to a Stereo Audio System though RCA-style Cable

If your audio system offers only stereo audio inputs, or if you would like to connect a dedicated stereo
audio system in addition to the surround audio system which is already connected to the HDMI, coaxial
or optical output, you can connect the dedicated stereo audio system to the STEREO AUDIO OUT
terminals of the player."

Take the above analog outs and connect to any of the analog ins
Refer Onkyo Manual TX - NR - 5010

16 :Composite video and analog audio jacks
(BD/DVD IN, CBL/SAT IN, STB/DVR IN, GAME 1
IN, PC IN, TV/CD IN and PHONO IN)

In case you also want Video simultaneously with stereo you should be able to assign these analog inputs to the HDMI inputs for stereo. Alternatively just play music with out video

So you can have the following cables from your BDP to AVR

1) HDMI1 : For Video and digital surround -- Sound processing and analog conversion by AVR

2) HDMI2 + a pair of Analog RCA cables: Video through HDMI2 and Stereo analog sound through RCA. ( Sound processing by BDP)

Guys, many thanks. It is sounding beautifully.

OPPO HDMI 1 - sending video straight for my TV
OPPO HDMI 2 - sending multi-channel audio straight to my Onkyo 3010
Oppo R/L RCA Outs - sending stereo Audio to my Onkyo 3010
Onkyo - delivering surround in all audio modes but DIRECT
Onkyo - delivering bright and clear stereo to both Floorstand speakers on DIRECT mode

Many, many thanks.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back