Help needed in connecting my Denon receiver with multiple displays.

A problem i have found in my Sony TV is that it passes on only stereo sound to my receiver. Hence I have my Tata sky box and Nvidia Shield connected directly to my receiver. I may be wrong, but depending on the TV the ARC may not pass through a 5.1 signal.

yes bro.........you are correct...not every TV bypass multichannel through ARC.

Since you have nvidia shield, why worry about ARC. ha ha...you have one of the best streamers already with you.

As you said in your earlier post, do run Audyssey and see.

Thanks for the query. Now I am trying to play 5.1 Surround from my PC via VLC. I have some 5.1 downloaded content. Still my receiver is not detecting Dolby surround. Its showing signal as PCM. About connection I have ATI Radeon Graphic card having HDMI output which I have connected to Receiver. Now I am able to see video and hear audio but receiver is not detecting input channels. Only Left and right. Is VLC capable of outputting Dolby surround or some other player should be used,.

Thanks for the query. Now I am trying to play 5.1 Surround from my PC via VLC. I have some 5.1 downloaded content. Still my receiver is not detecting Dolby surround. Its showing signal as PCM. About connection I have ATI Radeon Graphic card having HDMI output which I have connected to Receiver. Now I am able to see video and hear audio but receiver is not detecting input channels. Only Left and right. Is VLC capable of outputting Dolby surround or some other player should be used,.
Try mpchc player. Go to the settings and enable bitstreaming.

MaSh

Have you enabled bit streaming in vlc? To do that, Tools->preferences->audio-> set hdmi/spdif audio passthrough to enabled

Help needed for two issues still faced by me. Will take one by one. First help HDMI ARC. I have connected the HDMI to TV ARC along with ARC on Denon receiver. Enabled the ARC from TV menu. Now can I play you tube audio within TV to Denon HT. What additional steps are required. In denon which source to select. Selecting TV Audio didn't helped.

TV Audio should work. Pls check that you have connected to the correct HDMI port in the tv. Only 1 will be labelled ARC.

Also, the tv may have a setting - TV speakers or audio system.

Help needed for two issues still faced by me. Will take one by one. First help HDMI ARC. I have connected the HDMI to TV ARC along with ARC on Denon receiver. Enabled the ARC from TV menu. Now can I play you tube audio within TV to Denon HT. What additional steps are required. In denon which source to select. Selecting TV Audio didn't helped.
Once you have ensured that you have enabled arc on your tv, recheck arc has been enabled on your avr too. It is available under hdmi settings. Check HDMI control and ARC is enabled. If everything is enabled, try a different cable.

Thanks all cable might be the issue. I used cable which came bundled with my LG monitor. Let me try Blue rigger cable.

I just received my denon AVRx1400h. Since I am new to using receivers have some questions about its connectivity.
How should I connect my LED TV and projector together. I have both settled in either direction in hall. For cable TV I will be using LED TV. For movies will use projector. My question is how to connect both of them together and keep selecting outputs. Not sure if this is possible. For now I can see one HDMI out which I have used it to connect TV and atleast I am now able to play music through USB in receiver.

My guess if I connect HDMI set top box to CBL/SAT. It should work.
Not sure though lets hear answers then I will fire additional questions.
This works well for me. But only one output at a time.

Help needed on turning my Tuner on. I have connected the FM antenna and switched to Tuner. The did a scan which detected all possible frequencies in the FM band. But none of the them is giving any sound. I have tried all of them. Not sure what configuration am I missing ? Do I need to connect AM antenna as well to listen to FM?

Can you post a picture of your FM antenna.

My understanding is that it's a wire which has to be attached and then stretched tight. Not easy to do.

Since denon x1400h has only one HDMI out, by default you can connect only one output...either your TV or projector. Only workaround is to use HDMI splitter as suggested by @MaSh above. You can search for good HDMI splitter in this forum or do an online search and select one which has good review. One with remote will make your life easier.
With regard to inputs, you can use any of its 5 HDMI inputs. HDMI labelling (cbl/sat, Bluray etc) are for convenience and easy identification.

If you are planning to use your tv's smart apps (YouTube Netflix etc), do enable arc on your TV, to get sound from your TV to receiver.

Enjoy your new receiver...
HI, first of all thank you very much for the answers, as i am going through the same dilemma. Since now a days the HDMI OUT is also the port for eArc, will using a splitter diminish the quality pertaining to Dolby sound.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back