Help needed in Finalising the setup.

adityasrivastava26

Hey, I am new to the hifi world and want some direction in Finalising my setup.
Current status: audition indiqaudio anchals, loved them, ordered the diamond anchals which will be delivered to me in july.
Bought the wiim mini streamer.
So my speakers and streamer are locked.
Coming to amps and dac.
I am not going for indiqaudio monos because i dont need that power, i enjoy music at a very moderate level and given that anchals are very sensitive, i don't want to spend that much on power.
So either i get denon pma600/800 or marantz pm6007 for ~40k and use the built in dac
or get smsl/topping dac+ amp combo for around 50k, but I don't want to buy a dac as i plan to get denafrips ares 2 later ( currently out of budget ).
As you can make out I am more than confused. Any help would be appreciated.

If you plan to get Ares later, start with Topping E30/50. A couple of pre loved Soncoz are also up for grab.

Regarding Amp, Even if you listen at moderate volumes, a powerful amp would give better results. Saptak is a very well received Amp. Otherwise two you mentioned are good. I will implore you to explore a couple of options though. You could look at Discrete Dynamics Amp by @Aniket (Aniket Sharma) and O & B Amps by Aniket Das.

Current status: audition indiqaudio anchals, loved them, ordered the diamond anchals which will be delivered to me in july.
Coming to amps and dac.
I am not going for indiqaudio monos because i dont need that power, i enjoy music at a very moderate level and given that anchals are very sensitive, i don't want to spend that much on power.
So either i get denon pma600/800 or marantz pm6007 for ~40k and use the built in dac
or get smsl/topping dac+ amp combo for around 50k, but I don't want to buy a dac as i plan to get denafrips ares 2 later ( currently out of budget ).
@adityasrivastava26, good choice of going for Diamond Achals, been Achal owner for last 14 months and loving them. For Amps, since you are going for discrete setup in future, so look for power amps from Indiq or Aniket in long run as suggested by @Yogesh. For a start Denon / Marantz are both good

Coming to amps and dac.
@adityasrivastava26 Could you please share your impressions of indiqaudio diamond achal so far? Are you happy with them and how would they compare with something like Polk R700 ?

@adityasrivastava26 Could you please share your impressions of indiqaudio diamond achal so far? Are you happy with them and how would they compare with something like Polk R700 ?
Hey, I ended up buying the platinum anchals. Overall I am quite impressed. They are a complete package with decent bass and an excellent midrange. Very good performance in pop and soft rock songs. Although i feel they suffer a bit in hard rock and metal genre.
They definitely punch above their price range and I got an excellent deal for an year old resale unit. I didn't auditioned many speakers so wont be able to say much on comparison.

Just went through your post and noticed you have a big room and not so good placement, in these situations diamond would definitely be the best option. They have a better bass driver. Anchals are very sensitive so even a not so powerful amplifier would be able to push them rocking loud. They are also not so selective wrt placements. Cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back