Help needed in setting up AVR and speakers

ramvalleru

Have a Samsung UA40D5600 LED TV. Since the basic function we want is to enjoy movies from Hollywood channels. Just decided to go with an AVR for 20k or less, then go with Bose 201 Series V Direct /Reflecting Speaker System / 160 series speakers and with a center channel speakers. Is it good enough for watching movies.

need to connect Videocon D2h to the AVR since i think they will enhance my sound from dish network and movies, music from HDD.

Is it really necessary to go for AVR or should leave that idea. I need your experience guys.

Samsung 40 inch lED tv is the only one i have as far now.

Please leave BOSE out!!! Do NOT go anywhere near them when you want to buy. Feel free to listen to them but there are much BETTER systems available for a fraction of cost.

If you want to enjoy movies on a tight budget, your best option would be Onkyo HT-S3500 for approx 27k. It comprises a 5.1 receiver with satellite speakers, has all the latest bells and whistles and is also 3D ready.

Once you get the receiver, you can hook up all your audio/video devices to the receiver. This will enable you to enjoy full 5.1 audio. Another option would be to just get the receiver and 2 speakers for now and then later add more speakers for a complete 5.1 system.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back