Help Needed

bigdaddy24

Hi Guys
I have a query and i hope you experts would be able to help me out.

I have a TS HD box.
I have connected it to AVR (onkyo 3300) via HDMI. HDMI out from the AVR is connected to my plasma.

Now here is what i want to do.
When i am watching news on TV i dont want to use the AVR since it makes no sense to have 5.1 for news.
I want to bypass the AVR and use my TV speakers instead.

How can i achieve this?

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thanks

If you want to use HDMI, you have to use HDMI splitter, which can take signal from STB and pass it on to either AVR (for 5.1 audio) or directly to the TV (for 2.0 TV spks) .. in which case you would need to buy one extra HDMI cable.

OR

Connect a component cable from STB to your TV (for video) and a common RCA cable for audio, now in your plasma you must have input settings option, choose input component 1 (eg) while watching TV via component, and choose HDMI1 (eg) while watching TV via HDMI through AVR.....

Component cable is technically capable of transmitting 1080i so you should not see any picture loss. Audio would be through RCA.

It has hdmi passthrough ,u can enable in setup menu ,if u dont need sound from avr u can put it in standby mode so that u hear sound in tv,other way is using spliter which sam has mentioned above,another way is to connect the monitor out from stb to tv through rf cable(ordinary cable which local cable operators use , which has male and female rf connector at ends).

Not every AVR has HDMI passthrough in standby mode, mine for one does not. Yamaha 765 does. Check your AVR manual if your AVR does, else opt for the options discussed above .....

i use exactly the same config, TS HD -> AVR -> Plasma. i have enabled the HDMI pass-through, so if i dont need AVR i just switch it off.

I need your help in setting up. I would like to have telecon with you to understand better in setting the connection like yours. mine is ONkyo HTS3300, onida LCD, sony DVD and setbox from local cable operator.
please provide your cell number or else you can reach me @9886183437

@multifaced
Could you please elaborate on how did you do it.
What are the settings that need to be changed in the AVR

Thanks

@multifaced
Could you please elaborate on how did you do it.
What are the settings that need to be changed in the AVR

Thanks

in Setup menu, item 10, HDMI setup,

Audio TV out - off
HDMI control - on
Audio return channel - auto
TV control - off

hope this helps

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back