Help require in buying TV

TheRock

Hi Guys

I am planning to buy my first LED/Plasma TV. I am confused in
Panasonic TC-P50ST60 & Sony W800 series and I can go for Samsung plasma also (don't know about the model :sad:). I got the demo of both Panasonic and sony TV in the showroom but I was not satisfied with the brightness of Panasonic. Sony's brightness and clarity was way better than Panasonic. I read that plasma's brightness and contrast ratio is greater than LEDs. Another thing is that, on Amazon and Bestbuy Panasonic P50ST60 is available at around $999 but in India its available at around Rs. 80,000/- or Rs. 1,00,000/-. Why so much difference is there.

Below I am giving the link of the websites where its showing the price at around 60K.

Panasonic TC-P50ST60 Price – 50-inch Full HD Plasma Smart TV

Panasonic TC-P50ST60 Price 50 Inch Viera Full HD 3D Plasma Smart TV

Panasonic VIERA 50" Class Plasma 1080p 600Hz Smart 3D HDTV TC-P50ST60 - Best Buy

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50st60/4505-6482_7-35566949.html

Please suggest me some other Plasma or LEDs at the price range of Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 80,000/-. I need to buy one bluray player also, please suggest that one also. One more thing I want to share is that I have one home theatre from Sony DAV-DZ640K.

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hi Guys

I am planning to buy my first LED/Plasma TV. I am confused in Panasonic TC-P50ST60 & Sony W800 series and I can go for Samsung plasma also (don't know about the model :sad:). I got the demo of both Panasonic and sony TV in the showroom but I was not satisfied with the brightness of Panasonic. Sony's brightness and clarity was way better than Panasonic. I read that plasma's brightness and contrast ratio is greater than LEDs.
Any day LED TV will outclass plasma TV in terms of brightness. But plasma TV will outclass LED TV on all other PQ matters, viz., natural lifelike colours, contrast, black level, viewing angles, tint, gamma, etc. LED TV is recommended for brightly lit viewing conditions and vice versa for plasma. That does not mean plasma has to be viewed in total dark - just low light conditions and with no backlit windows, doors, reflecting lights from opposite wall, etc. In the showroom, the conditions are simply too bright with so many lights, huge glass doors/panes, etc. Viewing conditions at home are vastly different. You should read this thread: TV Buying Guide - LED (LCD) or Plasma

Another thing is that, on Amazon and Bestbuy Panasonic P50ST60 is available at around $999 but in India its available at around Rs. 80,000/- or Rs. 1,00,000/-. Why so much difference is there.
You cannot compare US prices with India prices. The US prices are devoid of taxes, accessories, installation, etc. Plus Indian taxes are high and almost all TVs are imported completely or as CKDs (to be assembled in India). The first few posts on the thread ST50 Owners' Thread - First impressions, Reviews, Tweaks, etc. explains quite a bit.

Please suggest me some other Plasma or LEDs at the price range of Rs. 50,000/- to Rs. 80,000/-. I need to buy one bluray player also, please suggest that one also. One more thing I want to share is that I have one home theatre from Sony DAV-DZ640K.
In your price range, I will recommend the Samsung 51F5500 (around 80K) which will beat all the LED models in the same price range. In addition, you will get a 51" TV instead of 46". Regarding, blu-ray player (BDP), it depends on your movies' formats. If you are playing original DVDs and BDs, then a region-free BDP is best. If you are a downloader, buy a media player instead. Your Sony DAV-DZ640K is not very optimal because it does not have HDMI or other digital audio inputs such as Coaxial or Optical. It can play DVDs and that is about it. If you have the budget and the inclination, you should opt for a good HTiB such as Denon 1312xp or Yamaha 298 or Onkyo 3500.

LED TV is recommended for brightly lit viewing conditions and vice versa for plasma.
12.gif

Congrats.. also you must have got the additional warranties on it, making it even sweeter. Enjoy the same.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back