Help required to buy a Home theater System

emailnagpal

I am a complete newbie in regard to home theater systems. Hifivison helped me in deciding my first HDTV, :clapping: now I am considering a HT system.:eek:hyeah: Kindly help me in this regard too. :)

While going through the forum under home theater section, I was totally confused. I have never heard about any of the recommended brands mentioned here.

While deciding my HDTV, I had a casual look at some Home theater systems available at local showrooms, and just because of easy of availability to me I have short listed :-

1. LG HB806TM (Awesome Looks, Wall Mount, Perfect set up for a beautiful family lounge)
2. PANASONIC SC-BTT775 (Good looking as well but not possible to wall mount. Best compatibility with Panasonic Plasma)

My Budget is around 20k.
Would like to use it for movies (75%) and music (25%).
Want to place it alongside my would be Panasonic Plasma ST30D.
Can I go for any of the above options ?

Last edited:
You can get Onkyo 3400 for your budget. It is a significantly better option than those tun off the mill Sony or Panasonic or Philips or Samsung or LG. The down side is that you'll have to spend extra for a blueray player or DVD player, which are always climbing the price ladder down.

I strongly suggest you opt this option if you want a serious HTsetup.

All the best

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply.

Onkyo 3400's looks are not impressive. I would like to have either wall mount tall boy type or tall boy standing speakers.

Its the best available option for your budget.

And are you going to SEE what IT looks like or WHAT it is going to SHOW? I mean, don't ho for looks if you are serious about sound reproduction capabilities

Of course, it's main function is the criteria BUT it should also look good and add value to my Family Lounge Room.

I can also stretch the budget a bit if its worth it...

Thanx Kittu, What is the price of this model ?

Also, Can I use only the speakers initially and later on add the AVR with Panasonic ST30 ?

Are there any wireless systems available in india ?

Last edited:
At the budget you have you have compromises to make. Either good sound (as fellow members have pointed out) or decent looks as you see. So you need to decide what to compromise.
You need to have an AVR to power the speakers without which they are show pieces.
Wireless may not come in your budget.

Thanks Paritosh and josephjohnt.

Ya, it seems wireless is definitely out of the question.

Is the LG model mentioned above really bad in sound quality ? Last evening I saw it for the first time in showroom, it looks really awesome. But showroom guy didn't allow me to listen its sound quality. :(

The only way to find that out is to have an audition of the options available. Take a look at Onkyo as well as the other brands. Some of the Yamaha and Denon HTiB are also available in the range we are talking about. After auditioning, you have judge which one did YOU like. I mean, you have to ultimately trust your ears and decide whether the extra bucks you spend are worth. If you find nor much difference between say a Sony and Onkyo 3400 purely on audio front, I feel you should not spend more on any other systems.

Both models listed by you are good but I think LG HB806TM looks better. In addition, you can also check out LG - HB906TA which enjoys higher RMS and looks even better although it is a little pricier than LG HB806TM.

i am new to hi-fi, i wanna buy a 5.1 speakers around 10k range. first searched all online stores, local shops to buy EDIFIER DA5000PRO, Then found the elegent F&D F 5090(200W), Then got confused on Panasonic XH50(330w)
and finally SONY DAV-TZ135 (350W !!)
F&D F5090 - 9750/-(LOCAL)
PANASONIC 10500 (E BAY)
SONY 9900 (EBAY)
I found ratings for f&d is high, some rivews are even says f&d wipes out sony!!! i don know about panasonic, please help me...:mad:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back