Help required to repair NAS

gilfredpaul

Hi ,

I own 1TB Bufalo NAS, It has lot of personal data..one day it fell down on floor and stopped working, bufalo service center not accepting to repair, since its out of warranty period and bought outside india.

Some one from here help me out with good service center to repair this product..bangalore or chennai location should be fine.

Have u tried DIY
ie opening the NAS and removing HDD and then checking through dock?

Many times the surrounding circuit is fragile but HDD is intact...

Thanks hemantwaghe for reply

I opened the nas removed the harddisk and checked with my laptop...harddisk not detected

From nas chip power,network light are green....I connected nas with other harddisk ...no luck

I opened the nas removed the harddisk and checked with my laptop...harddisk not detected

From nas chip power,network light are green....I connected nas with other harddisk ...no luck

If hard disk detected then use this 7-Data Recovery Software to recover your data. I personally used and recovered 100% data :)

IT hard disk detected then use this 7-Data Recovery Software to recover your data. I personally used and recovered 100% data
w24mVL

Yes George ....I regret owing this product

See the reply from buffalo tech support.....one of the worst support policy

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Ticket # 71650 - LS-CH1.0TL-EU - SN: 65845705075802 - Repair On OOW LS
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 14:26:44 +0530
To: [email protected]

Dear Derick

Our RMA centre (AFL) will not provide any help on out of warranty cases. Customer need to take care of his own (either get it repaired in open market or purchase new NAS).

Also below mentioned product seems to be purchased from outside India (product part coding show - EU (European Union), where as in India sold products will be with -AP (Asia Pacific) coding)

Rgds
Rajesh

If the Hdd is not working then it is of no use, now lets come to the other components check to see if that can be fixed, call some serviceman (who is actually knowledgeable) , who is good with computers and get him to take a look.

How you checked the hard disk?

which HDD mount you used?

any chance you used linux??

I removed the harddisk from nas and mounted it with harddisk case and power adapter...then connected to laptop via USB port

The file system your NAS must have made will be of linux,(ext2/3) this would not get detected on your windows laptop

Choose one of the below tools to access the NAS harddrive from your laptop/..

3 Ways to Access Your Linux Partitions From Windows

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back