Help: speakers for Cambridge Audio integrated amp

ashiz29

Hi....I have got a modest Cambridge Audio topaz AM5 which can produce 25 watt@ 8 ohms. Want to hook polk audio RTi A1 book shelves which has power rating of 20-125W with this. Will there be an issue as regards power handling? Currently playing Heco Victa prime 202 with it, which I have taken from Profx with the condition that in case they didn't sound well I would replace them with PA. It has got tight bass with clear vocals. Nice experience overall. But bent more towards PA. Have auditioned PA RTi at Profx with my amp, there it sounded well. However, not sure what will be the effect on amp if drive them for long. Have to finalise speakers by Monday.

please look for

- which sound you like ( rather than heco vs polk rti ) The Polk RTi is a good series
- go for speakers with higher sensitivity since your amp does 25W at 8 ohm

PS ; There is a Boston Acoustics A26 on sale at hifimart - product is in bangalore - you may want to audition that with your amp.

regards
mpw

what is the position of the amp volume control when playing at your normal preference with existing speakers? Is it more than 12 o clock?

what is the position of the amp volume control when playing at your normal preference with existing speakers? Is it more than 12 o clock?

It's normally at 10 O clock position, at the most 11 o clock for few songs. All the songs are routed through laptop via Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 USB DAC.

please look for

- which sound you like ( rather than heco vs polk rti ) The Polk RTi is a good series
- go for speakers with higher sensitivity since your amp does 25W at 8 ohm

PS ; There is a Boston Acoustics A26 on sale at hifimart - product is in bangalore - you may want to audition that with your amp.

regards
mpw

Sensitivity wise BA A26, PA RTi A1 and Heco are all the same-89 db. My question is;will using PA Rti A1 with my amp have adverse effect on speakers. I liked the sound of PA more than the Heco.

I had used AM5 with AC S30 and sound was good when used in small room.Check CA speakers with high sensitivity.You may like the combo.

Are KLIPSCH speakers available in your region? Ie the RBs 61 or 81 are in IMHO very interesting. Very amp-friendly, of course a matter of taste but they reproduce very dynamic, sounding relaxed with higher levels etc.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back