Help with buying online

Sathish123

Hello Guys, need your suggestions/opinion about buying an amplifier online. For privacy reasons I'm not inclined to name the amp name and the online site in India. I shortlisted to buy an amp online and the price is in line with international prices. But while browsing the amp international site the online site/vendor is not showing up as their authorised dealer, rather a very small unknown (though credible) name shows up. I wrote to the head of the company abroad for his suggestion on the amp and promptly replied and also passed the info of the authorised dealer in India. I spoke to the Indian dealer and he does not know how these online sites are selling their products and warranty won't be honoured if bought online (since they are the only authorised). Need your suggestion since this online dealer is a leading player in India. Is this how things work online since this particular amp is listed in at least a few online sites locally. Thanks.

Hello Guys, need your suggestions/opinion about buying an amplifier online. For privacy reasons I'm not inclined to name the amp name and the online site in India. I shortlisted to buy an amp online and the price is in line with international prices. But while browsing the amp international site the online site/vendor is not showing up as their authorised dealer, rather a very small unknown (though credible) name shows up. I wrote to the head of the company abroad for his suggestion on the amp and promptly replied and also passed the info of the authorised dealer in India. I spoke to the Indian dealer and he does not know how these online sites are selling their products and warranty won't be honoured if bought online (since they are the only authorised). Need your suggestion since this online dealer is a leading player in India. Is this how things work online since this particular amp is listed in at least a few online sites locally. Thanks.
Hi it's better if you reveal the name of that online dealer since others Fms will aware of this and won't go for purchase with that dealer.
In the Klipsch website they displayed unauthorised online dealers list.

Usually the legitimate sites mention whether they are selling with bill and warranty.
If you mention the product and the online site, experienced FMs can guide you more specifically.

If you or someone in your close circle have previous experience about satisfactory after sales support with that online dealer, you can go ahead. Otherwise sticking to authorized dealer is better, even if it costs little more. If you are going only with the REPUTATION of that online dealer, you may be at risk, and be ready to bear if things go wrong.
BTW, disclosing the Brand and Dealer name will certainly help the FMs to share their experience as said by @Phani24 & @Lizard King

AFAIK, Reliance services Yamaha receivers bought from them not Yamaha authorized service centers. Online purchases are not honored by Yamaha service centers even if its Appario (Amazon).
ProFX services Denon receivers bought from them and Appario (Amazon) seller other online purchases they don't honor.

Request FM to name the dealer so that it will help others.

Most probably warranty will not be honoured if bought from unauthorised dealer but not sure what will be the privacy issue in not naming the dealer/seller and amplifier name or atleast amplifier name.

Hello All, thanks for all the helpful responses. The amp I'm talking is the Octave. I spoke to the online dealer and he was very transparent. He clearly told me that any warranty will be routed through the authorised dealer in India. He mentioned the name of the dealer and it seems this is how it works. The online dealer is quite famous even in this forum (deals with top of line Rel, parasound, NAD etc), I'm assuming he would be reliable. And I'll get a bill and warranty. Hence I'm confident in going through him. Thanks again.

Hi,
May be you can try Indiqaudio's Saptak Amp which has great reviews on forum itself, it has 3 years warranty and 15 days money back trial if not happy for whatever reason, Also a group buy for the same is also taking place and you can buy at a great discount https://www.hifivision.com/threads/indiqaudio-group-buy-2.84783.
you can check the reviews and may be give it a try.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back