Hi all members- I need your valuable suggestions

neelgail

Hi. I am Nilesh from Ahmedabad. Fine to know such forum exists for Indians. Knowledge sharing is the best gift can be given to human kind. Thanks.
I need to build home theatre 5.1 or 5.1.2 for living room. Room Size is 14*10 adjacent small dining area and stair case.

I was considering decent lifestyle 5.1 home theatres like Bose AM 10 or Bose lifestyle. However, after reading various posts in forums, now I am considering HT with audio speakers brands.

My main use shall be music daily and movies at weekends. No gaming as on date.

Please suggest me.

1. Considering my room size, should I go with Focal Sib Evo/Dome flax or B& W MT-50 like system or other?
2. What to be considered for AVR and speaker set.
3. If I go for tower system don't you think it shall be bigger for the room size?
4. I may consider slim & compact speakers like above or KEF/other brands.
5. Any effective atmos solutions without ceiling speakers?
6. My biggest concern not to dilute room asthetics.
7. Please share your feedback on Focal Sib Evo/Dome flax or B& W MT-50 if you have used/demoed.
8. AVR suggestions/experiences are most welcome.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi Nilesh. It's good that you've given a lot of information in your post. The only thing missing is your budget. Since speaker and AVRs have a very large price range, it is important to mention your budget for good suggestions.

You have made a wise choice by not going for Bose. You can get better sound quality with audio brands like Focal, Elac, Dali, Misision, etc.

Aesthetics are very personal and you'll have to check what you like. Personally, to me, any bookshelf looks good without the grills and looks bad with the grills. Good thing is, pictures are easily available for all speakers from multiple angles these days. You can also check YouTube videos to get a fair idea of their size.

Packages like the ones you've looked at are good for getting an entire setup in one shot. They perform well with movies, but might not be so great for music. If your music usage is going to be significant, you might look at getting a good bookshelf pair, and they add separate center, surrounds, and sub. That's my personal recommendation. But I have very limited experience. So wait for suggestions from more experienced FMs.

Hi. I am Nilesh from Ahmedabad. Fine to know such forum exists for Indians. Knowledge sharing is the best gift can be given to human kind. Thanks.
I need to build home theatre 5.1 or 5.1.2 for living room. Room Size is 14*10 adjacent small dining area and stair case.

I was considering decent lifestyle 5.1 home theatres like Bose AM 10 or Bose lifestyle. However, after reading various posts in forums, now I am considering HT with audio speakers brands.

My main use shall be music daily and movies at weekends. No gaming as on date.

Please suggest me.

1. Considering my room size, should I go with Focal Sib Evo/Dome flax or B& W MT-50 like system or other?
2. What to be considered for AVR and speaker set.
3. If I go for tower system don't you think it shall be bigger for the room size?
4. I may consider slim & compact speakers like above or KEF/other brands.
5. Any effective atmos solutions without ceiling speakers?
6. My biggest concern not to dilute room asthetics.
7. Please share your feedback on Focal Sib Evo/Dome flax or B& W MT-50 if you have used/demoed.
8. AVR suggestions/experiences are most welcome.

Please advice. Thanks in advance.

Since you will hear music most of the time then suggest you look at a Marantz for AVR. NR1711 should suffice else SR5015 / SR6015

The B&W MT 50s are good and will pair well with the Marantz. Else you can also look at the Klipsch Reference Theatre Pack or SVS Prime Satellite 5.1 surround system.

There was a recent post about Atmos speakers and the requirement not to make holes in the ceiling. Perhaps suspended speakers (like chandeliers) should help or there are various other Atmos setups that can be considered positioning the Atmos speakers as Front Height but angled appropriately.

It all depends on your budget, what level of quality you want to achieve etc. I have experimented with various brands and models over the years and these would be my recommendations. Please read reviews and see online videos if demo is not available. Remember what is good for me may not necessarily be great for you.

Hi. Friends. Thank you for your valuable inputs.
Since there were shortage of AV receivers, I hold my decision of creation of Home theatre. However, I would like to purchase it within 1 month's time. As I could understand from the market that AVRs are now available from Marantz and Denon/Yamaha shall be available within short period.

Now coming to the same point.
I have two plans. Considering it is in living room, I don't want to ruin room décor with Floor standing speakers/Book shelf speakers.

Plan A. Going forward with HTIB like Focal dome flax or B& W MT-50 with Marantz 1711. Please advise on the decision. I may go for any other on wall solutions as well. Is it better to go for SVS sub 1000 SB in stead of these HTIB sub? I may go for Atmos like focal ceiling speakers as the total package shall be within my budget.

Plan B. I heard Genelec speakers are very good active speakers and suitable to living room décor. Can we use those speakers as LCR and few passive on wall speakers as Surrounds? if yes, please suggest on wall speakers for surrounds.
I may go for Genelec/SVS subwoofer in plan B.

My budget is around 4 to 4.5 lacs initially. I may not go for atmos in first phases if budget does not permit. I can add later on.

My questions:
1. Is there any issues of combining active and passive speakers in HT for living room?
2. Can I go for HTIB first and later on add 2 active speakers for music listing as 2.1 stereo?
3. Can 7.2 channel AV receivers like Marantz 1711/5015 facilitate to add 2 more channels after 5.1.2 for HT set up?
4. Any suggestions/feedback on Genelec/focal Dome flax/ B&W MT-50?
5. Do Genelec speakers worth and practically used in HT for living rooms?

Your inputs shall be helpful in my decision making.

Thanks in advance.
Nilesh

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back