Hi fellow enthusiasts, I am professionally an industrial photographer and love listening to music. I am an acoustician as well.

Hi Harminder,

Welcome!

I FULLY agree with your statement.... Sonically, the room is the worst component in most Hi Fi systems.

Initially, money is best spent improving room acoustics, than any other Hi Fi equipment upgrade.

Sadly, Room acoustics are as much an art as science. They require a lot prior experience, as each room is unique.

Also treating rooms for audiophiles is somewhat different than catering to studios....

Serious Audiophiles do focus on Image Depth & Image height, parameters that often ignored in the studio, since studio consoles can only pan laterally in the sound stage.

Have you treated your listening Room ?
Would be Awesome if you started a thread her, with a picture of your treated room, explaining the choice & importance of the sound treatment used.

Cheers! & Welcome again :)

Hi Harminder,

Welcome!

I FULLY agree with your statement.... Sonically, the room is the worst component in most Hi Fi systems.

Initially, money is best spent improving room acoustics, than any other Hi Fi equipment upgrade.

Sadly, Room acoustics are as much an art as science. They require a lot prior experience, as each room is unique.

Also treating rooms for audiophiles is somewhat different than catering to studios....

Serious Audiophiles do focus on Image Depth & Image height, parameters that often ignored in the studio, since studio consoles can only pan laterally in the sound stage.

Have you treated your listening Room ?
Would be Awesome if you started a thread her, with a picture of your treated room, explaining the choice & importance of the sound treatment used.

Cheers! & Welcome again :)
Even in studio during mixing the engineer can give height and depth cues to the music by using available controls.

Room acoustics done well can be your first upgrade to uplift the performance your rig by more than 50%.

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back