Hi to All HiFiVision.com Members..!

sathtom

Hi All,
I am Sathish from Chennai.
Looking to setup new Home theatre in the near future.
Joined this forum to gain knowledge and to get up-to-date information about Home Theatres.

Bro,
This is John here, am from Rajajinagar Bangalore.
If you want to enjoy movies at home, you better buy a home theater system than simply trying to setup a home theater system.
I am telling this by experience.
You will need 3 things, player, amp and speaker. If you buy 3 different things you will not get optimum sound effect. Speaker will be of 1 company, amp will be of another and player will be of another.
It is best to buy a dedicated sony home theater in budget which you prefer.

Main thing which will bother you is warranty and service, buying from different companies will make you run from pillar to post if something goes wrong.
If you buy from 1 company, atleast you will have company warranty and can get product repaired for sure.

Welcome to the forum. I want to sell my equalizer, but cant post in sale by owners section as I need to complete 31 posts.

Moderation was not good 5 years back but now it is good.
Hope you enjoy, make friends in the forum.

Can't agree to above. Amp and speakers are usually from different companies as some companies specialize in electronics and some others in speaker design. Most FMs here have systems built like that. It doesn't influence warranty too. Either the amp or speakers will develop problem at one time. If you are very unlucky then only you have to run for servicing both amp and speakers at the same time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Bro,
This is John here, am from Rajajinagar Bangalore.
If you want to enjoy movies at home, you better buy a home theater system than simply trying to setup a home theater system.
I am telling this by experience.
You will need 3 things, player, amp and speaker. If you buy 3 different things you will not get optimum sound effect. Speaker will be of 1 company, amp will be of another and player will be of another.
It is best to buy a dedicated sony home theater in budget which you prefer.

Main thing which will bother you is warranty and service, buying from different companies will make you run from pillar to post if something goes wrong.
If you buy from 1 company, atleast you will have company warranty and can get product repaired for sure.

Welcome to the forum. I want to sell my equalizer, but cant post in sale by owners section as I need to complete 31 posts.

Moderation was not good 5 years back but now it is good.
Hope you enjoy, make friends in the forum.

Hi John,
Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions.

I am not sure which type of HT suits me Best. I will hang around here to understand all aspects in HT.

Will stay in touch.?

Can't agree to above. Amp and speakers are usually from different companies as some companies specialize in electronics and some others in speaker design. Most FMs here have systems built like that. It doesn't influence warranty too. Either the amp or speakers will develop problem at one time. If you are very unlucky then only you have to run for servicing both amp and speakers at the same time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Hi dr_rocket,

Thanks for sharing your views.

Will stay in touch.

Hi John,
Thanks for the warm welcome and suggestions.

I am not sure which type of HT suits me Best. I will hang around here to understand all aspects in HT.

Will stay in touch.?

It all begins with proper insulating the walls of the room which you want to use for Home theater.
If you have a dedicated room, then you can go for proper insulation of the room, wiring and stuff.
Next comes the set up as I tried to explain above.

If there is no dedicated room and you just want to convert your present room into a Home Theater room then few things need to be considered.
Size of the room.
Wattage of the set.

These days mulitplexes boast of dolby atmos, but actually they are not of much use in enjoying the movie because the space required for good sound system itself is not there in the multiplexes. They are small rooms equipped with big sound systems.

http://www.hgtv.com/design/rooms/other-rooms/how-to-build-a-home-theater
All the best.

Last edited:
Hi All,
I am Sathish from Chennai.
Looking to setup new Home theatre in the near future.
Joined this forum to gain knowledge and to get up-to-date information about Home Theatres.

Hi Sathish

Welcome to HFV

I am sure you will find all the answers and information around systems in the richly filled posts uploaded by fellow members...

Read the posts under " What Should I Buy" and "HOme Threatres" I am sure you will get ample information.

Go Window shopping to all dealers around you and audition various systems within your budget with your favorite movie clip and music song...this should be used as reference when checking different systems...

Shortlist the ones that interest you in terms of appearance, budget, performance and connectivity / features and we can guide you further in making a suitable decision....end of the day you are the ultimate owner and you should love what you have!

All the best

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back