Hi

siddhu

Hello
I want to buy a home theater.
when i want to buy AV receiver. There are many playable formats by the AV receiver which i don't understand & making me confused.

Could any one please tell me what are factors or playable formats i should check before i buy AV receiver

Thanks
Siddhu

Welcome to HFV.
If you get AVR with HDMI in,play video files from HTPC/Media player,there wont be any issue.

Welcome to HFV mate.

Coming to formats... ensure multiple HDMI inputs are there and it handles HD Audio. 4K passthrough/upscaling is relatively new and might not be needed but the newer sets are also having this option.

Hi
First of all I would like to thank you for your response to my query.

If the Receiver supports "Dolby True HD", Does it mean this receiver also supports "HD Master Audio" (Which is a equal codec from DTS)
Also i have one more question
If the Receiver supports "Dolby True HD", Does it mean this receiver supports all old formats like "Dolby Pro Logic IIx", "Dolby Prologuic ", "Dolby Digital", "Dolby Pro Logic" ... etc

Hi
First of all I would like to thank you for your response to my query.

If the Receiver supports "Dolby True HD", Does it mean this receiver also supports "HD Master Audio" (Which is a equal codec from DTS)
Also i have one more question
If the Receiver supports "Dolby True HD", Does it mean this receiver supports all old formats like "Dolby Pro Logic IIx", "Dolby Prologuic ", "Dolby Digital", "Dolby Pro Logic" ... etc

Generally if it supports one then it also supports the other, but better check the specs. I've not come across any AVR though that supports only one though.

Yes to the 2nd question too.

Back