Hisense U8G is available and out on sale

Thank me for showing you future, 3 years prior ;)

As the next gen TVs from Hisense(which anyway we wouldn't be enjoying soon) is ready to take over from previous models. Toshiba is yet to launch U8080 despite of launching notifications on both on their site and all online retailers. May be they were waiting for this moment, as we know India is a dump-yard for older models for Hisense as well. This can be an indication that an older U8080/H9G is now seriously coming. And also, sooner H9G is going to get a further price cut in International market.

What you ppl think....

Thank me for showing you future, 3 years prior ;)

As the next gen TVs from Hisense(which anyway we wouldn't be enjoying soon) is ready to take over from previous models. Toshiba is yet to launch U8080 despite of launching notifications on both on their site and all online retailers. May be they were waiting for this moment, as we know India is a dump-yard for older models for Hisense as well. This can be an indication that an older U8080/H9G is now seriously coming. And also, sooner H9G is going to get a further price cut in International market.

What you ppl think....
U8080 isn't coming. And it didn't come because of import restrictions after China tensions last year, not because Toshiba didn't want to sell TVs. That's why U79 supply also stopped. U50 and below were made in India, so they were fine.

If Hisense/Toshiba want to sell something in India, they'll have to make those models in India itself and that will take time (at least 1/2 years).

Also this flip-flop nature of our government is why our local manufacturing startups fail. Laws change on whim every few months.

Toshiba/Hisense have manufacturing units presently in operation in India. They just don't have the Premium TVs in their production line up as of now. There was an assuring news 2 months back according to which they are starting up new projects including Premium TVs. But due to sudden outburst of COVID again this year, schedules seems to be postponed. It's not like they can't, it's bcoz the circumstances are not in their favor, and that international trade restriction too.:rolleyes: But things can change as we have a govt. which can't stick to a single decision. Of course Hisense is not sitting folding their hands. Hopefully there is way out as Indian consumer electronic market is growing fast and there is an emptiness in quality product segment.

Toshiba/Hisense have manufacturing units presently in operation in India. They just don't have the Premium TVs in their production line up as of now. There was an assuring news 2 months back according to which they are starting up new projects including Premium TVs. But due to sudden outburst of COVID again this year, schedules seems to be postponed. It's not like they can't, it's bcoz the circumstances are not in their favor, and that international trade restriction too.:rolleyes: But things can change as we have a govt. which can't stick to a single decision. Of course Hisense is not sitting folding their hands. Hopefully there is way out as Indian consumer electronic market is growing fast and there is an emptiness in quality product segment.
Manufacturing their bottom-tier TVs and manufacturing flagship TVs are very different things and require different assembly lines and QA. For example, Apple has been manufacturing phones in India for what, 4 years now and yet they haven't made a single flagship iPhone in India (I mean the Pro line).

Also, there's the question of whether to leave the Indian market entirely because the volumes aren't there and the government on one day on its whim can ruin your massive investment and force you to exit the country. Setting up a new manufacturing plant requires a lot of time and money, and I'd be hesitant to do so in India myself because of how frequently the policy changes.

All I want to know is

Hisense U8G is available and out on sale?...​

This is the title of the thread.
In Indiya? Link?

Well well well U8g is here, or rather U80G, 75 inches 8K coming soon. For those who have the guts it will be mildly expensive, im guessing near 3-5lacs territory basis the outside prices.

Well well well U8g is here, or rather U80G, 75 inches 8K coming soon. For those who have the guts it will be mildly expensive, im guessing near 3-5lacs territory basis the outside prices.

Just 180 dimming zones and 1000-nits brightness. Kinda disappointing honestly. The regular U8G in the US is 1500 nits and 360 dimming zones. Anything over 2 lakhs will be too much for this TV.

The Mi TV Q1 75" also has similar specifications with 192 zones and 1000 nits but is just 1.25 lakhs. The 8K resolution and HDMI 2.1 aren't worth more than 1 lakh to me personally.

Just 180 dimming zones and 1000-nits brightness. Kinda disappointing honestly. The regular U8G in the US is 1500 nits and 360 dimming zones. Anything over 2 lakhs will be too much for this TV.

The Mi TV Q1 75" also has similar specifications with 192 zones and 1000 nits but is just 1.25 lakhs. The 8K resolution and HDMI 2.1 aren't worth more than 1 lakh to me personally.
They are again doing the same gimmicks that are earning them bad name in Australia. Should have launched the U8g, launched the U6g for skimming, and then renamed the U80G and selling it as U8G.no middle tiers no dual cell nothing. Basically no experiments and play it safe.

The 8k, hdmi 2.1 might fit into gamers' radar though. There is a group of people roaming in the roads in search for such gimmicks as the consoles these days have the capasity and the games may be developed in a few years to get them going. But for most movie buffs they mean nothing and won't go for it if it requires a dent in their pockets.

The 8k, hdmi 2.1 might fit into gamers' radar though. There is a group of people roaming in the roads in search for such gimmicks as the consoles these days have the capasity and the games may be developed in a few years to get them going. But for most movie buffs they mean nothing and won't go for it if it requires a dent in their pockets.
There are like 2-3 games where PS5 and Xbox Series X can do 4k 120fps. And PS5 can't even output proper 4k 120Hz 4:4:4 to a TV as its HDMI 2.1 is 32 Gbps only. 99% of the games on PS5/Xbox series X will run at adaptive resolution (1440p-2160p) at 60Hz.

These consoles have equivalent GPU to RTX 2070, so anyone expecting them to do 8k or 4k 120 for anything but very less demanding games is expecting too much.

If this TV costs over 4 lakhs, then the A80J 77" comes into play as well. And that will look significantly better as it's OLED.

There are like 2-3 games where PS5 and Xbox Series X can do 4k 120fps. And PS5 can't even output proper 4k 120Hz 4:4:4 to a TV as its HDMI 2.1 is 32 Gbps only. 99% of the games on PS5/Xbox series X will run at adaptive resolution (1440p-2160p) at 60Hz.

These consoles have equivalent GPU to RTX 2070, so anyone expecting them to do 8k or 4k 120 for anything but very less demanding games is expecting too much.

If this TV costs over 4 lakhs, then the A80J 77" comes into play as well. And that will look significantly better as it's OLED.
Yes 77A80J is only 5,22L in Shop at Sony center. Relatively it would be a poorer decision. 8k games are not available in large quantity today but it will be in due course and there is an inquisitive niche segment who are tuning themselves for 8k TV sets. I am not arguing but just saying. And you are right.

There are a few people on earth, who never feel satisfied. Give him the moon and still he will ask for a bigger brighter satellite. I mean, how can you people be so demanding being in INDIA.:D Whatever we get, can still be consider as blessings. Do you guys have some resources to bring those stuffs in reasonable price, and throw it to the market here....then please do that. Don't do "chapar-chapar" all the time.
I started the thread being optimistic and started to estimate days when we will see a few quality products. But no....guys like you, started shouting like you want it now and in damn cheap value. I bet you still consider a Flagship Sony/LG/Samsung over Hisense/TCL or such brands, and still you are going to come and write comments on a budget TV thread on this forum. What are you people??
Now when U6G is here, possibly U7G also coming with U80G already in pipeline....these guys are still trying to raise negative points like an opponent party leader.
I think, we are here to discuss about some positivity, not to try to be a critic. Do you guys get paid by any chance, for doing this..???

Never mind....we still can continue with our positive discussions....

There are a few people on earth, who never feel satisfied. Give him the moon and still he will ask for a bigger brighter satellite. I mean, how can you people be so demanding being in INDIA.:D Whatever we get, can still be consider as blessings. Do you guys have some resources to bring those stuffs in reasonable price, and throw it to the market here....then please do that. Don't do "chapar-chapar" all the time.
I started the thread being optimistic and started to estimate days when we will see a few quality products. But no....guys like you, started shouting like you want it now and in damn cheap value. I bet you still consider a Flagship Sony/LG/Samsung over Hisense/TCL or such brands, and still you are going to come and write comments on a budget TV thread on this forum. What are you people??
Now when U6G is here, possibly U7G also coming with U80G already in pipeline....these guys are still trying to raise negative points like an opponent party leader.
I think, we are here to discuss about some positivity, not to try to be a critic. Do you guys get paid by any chance, for doing this..???

If a topic surfaces, and let's not forget this is the internet, there would be a few replies spread over a spectral distribution varying away from the accepted standard deviation. These outlier discussions aside, there would be other informative details too and there is no need to get picky first thing on a Friday morning.

The U6G, U7G and U8G are actually really good TVs. U80G on the other hand is an overpriced 8K TV which costs 5x as much as the U8G 65" and has lower image quality for 8K gimmick. Hisense doesn't even sell that in the US for this reason. It won't sell because the U8G is a better TV.

Anyway, let's wait for the price. If it's ~2 lakhs, I'd buy it on day 1. Else I'll buy the Mi Q1 75". All depends on whether it's made in India or an import model.

Hisense doesn't even sell that in the US for this reason. It won't sell because the U8G is a better TV.

They do sell it in the US - https://www.hisense-usa.com/tv-and-audio/televisions/all-tvs/75U800GR_u800gr-8k-uled-roku-tv
It's the same TV but a different model name.

Anyway, let's wait for the price. If it's ~2 lakhs, I'd buy it on day 1. Else I'll buy the Mi Q1 75". All depends on whether it's made in India or an import model.

Agree. I've put my Mi Q1 75" purchase on hold for the same reason. Even if they sell it for around 2.5 lakhs, I'll go for it for the sake of "future-proofing". I gave them a call and they didn't have any release date yet, however, they said that they have a few models launching now and others are due to launch around Diwali.

Just spotted this listed on Croma's website here. I don't think the pricing is accurate, though. Why would Hisense launch a TV worth 4 lakhs in India while there are comparable options available from Samsung, Sony, LG in that price range. I'll wait for the official launch.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back