Hmv Stereo 1212 restoration

Hello hello,

So i have acquired a hmv stereo 1212 record player from a family member who was not using it. It should be on its way soon. What i have been told is that the cartridge is kaput. Now me being a late 80's kid, am a complete noob have no clue about old tts(or any tts for that matter). So I look forward to the awesome people here to point me in the right direction to source parts(mainly a cartridge) to restore it to its former glory.

Also to make it clear i would not be using it as my primary record playing source. (for that i am still eying the teac tn300 and nad c556, but thats another story). I just want to restore it and make it play once again after many many years.

The current state it is in is in the picture (i know it will be quite some work cleaning it and checking if the innards are ok, but electronics do not scare me, i has my mighty soldering station and I am single so i has the time too. [emoji16])

Any help or just a nice chat is appreciated.
cdf02c5f1e651990d120e3f3726eabd9.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
Hi, Do you have circuit diagram for HMV stereo1212 model 9173 using AD149 OR 2SB 337 inPower output section.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back