Home-made Acoustic Panels!

I also somehow feel the sweet spot is closer to the speakers even after toeing in at roughly 30.

One thing I observed is eventhough these are sensitive to positioning but its so only for horizontal axis. Vertical off axis performance is quite good. At the centre spot, whether I stand or sit or lie down, there is no major shift in the sound.

Thanks, you gave me a brain spark, Now i have to change speaker from standing vertical to horizontal and try. Will come back with what i observe

Gramaphone

Thanks, you gave me a brain spark, Now i have to change speaker from standing vertical to horizontal and try. Will come back with what i observe

Gramaphone

I think both are not same. Moving your ears vertically and flipping the speakers 90 degrees. Because by flipping you are not altering the room interactions. But you can try.

View attachment 9812

Hello Santy,

I can see your polk LSI 9 standing proudly tr. I have them too and like them. Recently i was re positioning the speakers and observed the sweet spot was some where here as shown in the image . Can you please confirm if you hear any improvement sitting at the marked spot or even forward. Just want to confirm is it the speakers or my room playing the trick.

Thank you
Gramaphone

I forgot to revert. Though I had Lsi9s only for demo purpose, I really enjoyed these speakers (top of the line model from Polk). The highs are to die for and the bass is so well refined. The female vocals sound heavenly in these speakers. It has that oomp factor when it comes to hi fidelity. Pump up the volume and it can make you jump out and dance. It is too good according to me that it can be never outclassed by an amplifier unless it costs 3 times more.

And I do confirm that the said position appears to be the sweet spot though the triangle positioning also gives good imaging.

I made corner traps, First reflection panels using rockwool. I would say corner traps are the most important.

I agree with you. I kept the panels I made at the corners to see how it works (placed behind the speakers). Even though they are grossly inadequate in thickness, the difference it bought to my Energy speakers is simply mind-blowing. I fell in love once again with my speakers.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back