Home theater speaker packages

roy86

Hi, I have recently purchased a Marantz NR1509 AV receiver. I want to purchase matching 5.0 speaker system. I will purchase the sub later. My current budget is 40K and I am confused among the following models.

1. Polk T50, T30, T15.
2. Yamaha Ns 8390, ns-P51
3. Taga Harmony TAV 506 v.2

I would also like to audition them. Please let me know where these speakers can be heard.

For 40K, you can get Taga Harmony 406/506 + Taga TSW 120 subwoofer.. Add an other sub overtime to make it 5.2 overtime..
Is it better option than Polk or Yamaha ones?? I did not get any reviews for Taga Harmony Tav 506 v.2. I can spend 40-45K for 5.0 speakers. I will add sub later.

Is it better option than Polk or Yamaha ones??

I don't know if it is better than Polk (or) Yamaha.. The Yamaha, Polk and Taga models have similar specs with variation in price, of which Taga is least..

I did not get any reviews for Taga Harmony Tav 506 v.2.

You may take a demo if aval in your city..

I can spend 40-45K for 5.0 speakers. I will add sub later.

If you can spend 45K for 5.0 speakers, you have more choices of speakers..

I don't know if it is better than Polk (or) Yamaha.. The Yamaha, Polk and Taga models have similar specs with variation in price, of which Taga is least..

You may take a demo if aval in your city..

If you can spend 45K for 5.0 speakers, you have more choices of speakers..
Please suggest me some. My primary requirement is good pair of FS speakers for music and movies which pair nicely with marantz 1509. Just auditoined Yamaha ns 8390 and nsf71. Kinda like the sound of nsf71. Next will audition polk t50.

Hello All
I am new to this forum .. planning to install the following combinations.. need your advice if it is going to sound well....
Yamaha RX-V 685
Yamaha YST-SW315PN
Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 540W
also planing for some ceiling speakers for atmos ( no Idea how it sounds)

Kindly let me know please. room size is 12( Screen will be on this side) X14

Hello All
I am new to this forum .. planning to install the following combinations.. need your advice if it is going to sound well....
Yamaha RX-V 685
Yamaha YST-SW315PN
Taga Harmony TAV-506 V.2 540W
also planing for some ceiling speakers for atmos ( no Idea how it sounds)

Kindly let me know please. room size is 12( Screen will be on this side) X14
What is your budget?

Please suggest me some. My primary requirement is good pair of FS speakers for music and movies which pair nicely with marantz 1509. Just auditoined Yamaha ns 8390 and nsf71. Kinda like the sound of nsf71. Next will audition polk t50.

See if you can do away with FS.. You can settle for any brand of speakers (BS) that you like, add subs over time.. This would make it a 5.2 to serve your needs for movies / music..

Taga Harmony TAV series / Platinum series / Mission are brands that will fit in your budget of 45K for 5.0..

Hello All

@Timbak2 , request you to please create a new thread for feedback on your equipments, else it would confuse the members and you may not get ideal responses..

What is your budget?

What is your budget?
What is your budget?

Denon 2400
5.1.2-Dali Z3,Z1,Vokal and Yamaha Satellites
Bic PL200-ii
Sony BDP-4500
Nvidia Shield 4k

Sony KDL-43W950C
Cables:C&E 16AWG OFC
Banana Plugs: Mediabridge 24K Gold Plated

Thank you Love4sound...... this is a solid combination ..but i dont have that much of a budget.. could do no more than 1.2 lakh including additional components....I would do the ceiling speakers later. I also have a sony playstation 4 for a blue ray player..

See if you can do away with FS.. You can settle for any brand of speakers (BS) that you like, add subs over time.. This would make it a 5.2 to serve your needs for movies / music..

Taga Harmony TAV series / Platinum series / Mission are brands that will fit in your budget of 45K for 5.0..

@Timbak2 , request you to please create a new thread for feedback on your equipments, else it would confuse the members and you may not get ideal responses..
ok sure

What is your budget?

Denon 2400
5.1.2-Dali Z3,Z1,Vokal and Yamaha Satellites
Bic PL200-ii
Sony BDP-4500
Nvidia Shield 4k

Sony KDL-43W950C
Cables:C&E 16AWG OFC
Banana Plugs: Mediabridge 24K Gold Plated

Thank you Love4sound...... this is a solid combination ..but i dont have that much of a budget.. could do no more than 1.2 lakh including additional components....I would do the ceiling speakers later. I also have a sony playstation 4 for a blue ray player..
Lol that is my HT set as signature and not a suggestion. As you are from chennai pm me your wats app number i can help you get a good set up for 1.2L

Last edited:

How is the performance of Pioneer SP-FS52 5.0 set up?

I could not audition Pioneer SP-FS52 5.0 or Taga in Kolkata. Which one will be better? How does Mission MX3 or boston acoustics a250 or Wharfedale diamond 230 perform with marantz 1509?

I could not audition Pioneer SP-FS52 5.0 or Taga in Kolkata. Which one will be better? How does Mission MX3 or boston acoustics a250 or Wharfedale diamond 230 perform with marantz 1509?

If you prefer to audition & decide, then you may choose what you like & what fits your budget..

I am in position to say which of the ones you mentioned would be better, but if you were to pick online, then you may choose what fits your ideas & budget..

I would go with the Mission amongst these.. It will be a neutral sound with the Marantz, The Wharfdale can be a bit bright..

After auditioning, I have zeroed onto three models.
1. Mission Lx-3
2. Wharfedale Diamond 230
3. Polk T50
please help me out.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back