Home theater system advice

ctp133

Thanks for the add,

I am planning on a 5.1.2 home theater system.

I have a Onkyo TX-696 receiver.

I am looking at the Polk signature elite series or would Jamo S series or Jamo Concert be better?

My room size is 17x13.

Any advice is welcome and thanks in advance

My budget is 1,500 to 2k

Welcome to the forum.

I see that you are in the USofA and have a budget of around $2K for speakers. If you're open to other brands, you have plenty of good options.

Do checkout the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280FA 5.1 Home Theater System from adorama which is an excellent 5.1 channel setup. You can add the ceiling/Atmos speakers later on when budget permits.

Good luck

If you are open to the used market, check USAudiomart for good deals on Paradigm, KEF, Klipsch and so forth.

Welcome to the forum.

I see that you are in the USofA and have a budget of around $2K for speakers. If you're open to other brands, you have plenty of good options.

Do checkout the Klipsch Reference Premiere RP-280FA 5.1 Home Theater System from adorama which is an excellent 5.1 channel setup. You can add the ceiling/Atmos speakers later on when budget permits.

Good luck

If you are open to the used market, check USAudiomart for good deals on Paradigm, KEF, Klipsch and so forth.
So I made my decision the Kalipsch Referance R-625FA 5.1.2 theater pack from Adorama will do what I am looking for. I know its not the Primere but I Think it be perfect. Whats your thoughrs its 1,348$. The cheaper for the better speaker would be better for me.

So I made my decision the Kalipsch Referance R-625FA 5.1.2 theater pack from Adorama will do what I am looking for. I know its not the Primere but I Think it be perfect. Whats your thoughrs its 1,348$. The cheaper for the better speaker would be better for me.
The reference series are known to be harsh in the higher frequencies. Thus, I recommend the Reference Premier series.

Thanks for the add,

I am planning on a 5.1.2 home theater system.

I have a Onkyo TX-696 receiver.

I am looking at the Polk signature elite series or would Jamo S series or Jamo Concert be better?

My room size is 17x13.

Any advice is welcome and thanks in advance

My budget is 1,500 to 2k
Of your budget of 2k, spend about 1k on speakers, 200-500 on sub (All used to get better deals). You will make mistakes but the us market is very kind for used products so make use of sites like hifishark/ebay/audiogon.

If you are in the US, also go to US forums as they will have better idea about actual prices and whats the right speaker at a particular price. For example, people in India may not recommend a Revel as its not available here, but might be a top recommendation in the US.

Check if your receiver can handle what you want. Not sure of the Tv/projector (if its there great). Do keep some budget for source (Shield/Apple TV...) , cables and room acoustics.

Back