Honda CBR 250R India Bound for < 1.5 Lacs

elangoas

Hi Ppl,

Just an off topic chat. I am passionate about bikes , hope some of members on this forum too would certainly be interested in this. I have been eagerly waiting for a 250cc from heavy weights:eek:hyeah:. The news has flashed that Honda will be bringing their CBR 250R to India by Apr 2011 and that too < 1.5 Lacs.:yahoo:

For those of loves bikes, here are the pictures of Honda CBR 250R. It looks very gorgeous in HRC colour.:clapping:

2011 Honda CBR250R first pictures - | Motorbike reviews | Latest Bike Videos | MCN

Regards
Elango

Finally, some respectable "performance" bike at very affordable price. But I'm still disappointed that it's only a single cylinder. Twin cylinder would have been nice.
But anyway this bike should raise the bar, and give Yamaha some sleepless nights.

That's good news. I always wanted to buy the R15 for it's engineering. However didn't buy it due to the outright power. Now this may be something if launched at right price could be by next buy. But I also think 1.5 is a bit optimistic.

Thanks Elango, the specs look good. Where did you get the pricing from? Like Teky mentioned, price is optimistic. It is more likely to be priced above 2.2L.

Thanks Elango, the specs look good. Where did you get the pricing from? Like Teky mentioned, price is optimistic. It is more likely to be priced above 2.2L.

Santhosh - I think motoroids quoted some senior honda officials. If that's the price then I'm booking it the first day.

Don't get too excited folks. It's still only a single cylinder engine. And I hate the look of that up-swept trumpet-like silencer. And for those who are concerned about looks, the rear tyre still looks relatively skinny.
If you want performance and have 1.5 lakhs to waste, then why not go in for a good condition RD350... are there any still around?????
Or else go in for an Enfield Classic 500. Power + Style + Longevity = QUALITY

I am already saving for the day BMW launches its Enduro series.
I love touring on my thunderbird and I wouldnt consider moving to machismo/classic 500 as an upgrade. F650 GS would be an appropriate upgrade :)
So BMW, if you are listening.. PLEASE get the Enduro series!

What is the cost of Enduro? Are they launching it in India?

Touring on Thunderbird is nice. Few other bikes beat it but that extra power given by 500cc makes a hell lot of difference when trying to overtake an irritating trucker on highway who does not want to give side.

Don't get too excited folks. It's still only a single cylinder engine. And I hate the look of that up-swept trumpet-like silencer. And for those who are concerned about looks, the rear tyre still looks relatively skinny.
If you want performance and have 1.5 lakhs to waste, then why not go in for a good condition RD350... are there any still around?????

Yeah. Knew all that stuff. Finding a good condition RD350 will be difficult wouldn't it. Personally i prefer the ninja but it's just tad expensive. Hopefully Yamaha brings it FZ with a 250 under 2 L and I would be even happier.

shredder; said:
I am sure you meant 1.5 Lakhs to spend (not wasted) on a RD350. I own a 1983 HT since 1999 and it has appreciated 3 times of what I bought it for;)

I am already saving for the day BMW launches its Enduro series.
I love touring on my thunderbird and I wouldnt consider moving to machismo/classic 500 as an upgrade. F650 GS would be an appropriate upgrade :)
So BMW, if you are listening.. PLEASE get the Enduro series!
Did you know.....The BMW f650s were available in India through Navnit Motors (Mumbai) around 12 yrs ago for ~ 5L INR. The response was lukewarm at best. So at one point, they sold their remaining stock at half the price and entire stock is said to have sold in 2 days.

I am sure you meant 1.5 Lakhs to spend (not wasted) on a RD350. I own a 1983 HT since 1999 and it has appreciated 3 times of what I bought it for;)

You bought one for 2nd hand or is it first hand??
I would anyday go for RD350. I don't care about fuel consumption, but spares are a headache. And these RDs have an annoying habit of conking off just when you are in the process of showing off in front of chicks.:D

To put it in perspective: a well tuned RD will give you the ride of your life. A badly maintained one will act and sound like a doodh-waala RAJDOOT 175

Last edited:
Did you know.....The BMW f650s were available in India through Navnit Motors (Mumbai) around 12 yrs ago for ~ 5L INR. The response was lukewarm at best. So at one point, they sold their remaining stock at half the price and entire stock is said to have sold in 2 days.

12 yrs ago it was ~5L INR. I hate to think what it would cost today. May be better to buy a Hayabusa altogether. :D

Hey santhosh, i knw they were available back then.
I was in class 9 at that time, so ofcourse couldnt get it :)
How I wish BMW launch their bikes in India.. sigh

What is the cost of Enduro? Are they launching it in India?

Touring on Thunderbird is nice. Few other bikes beat it but that extra power given by 500cc makes a hell lot of difference when trying to overtake an irritating trucker on highway who does not want to give side.

I know what you are talking about bro... overtaking those cars carrying trucks which are like 100ft long...
but that extra bit of power during those few times isnt a reason enought for me to upgrade for now.
in the few rides that i have done, I have come to love my 2003 tbird. the first bike of my life, it's always going to stay special to me :)

Like I was saying in my introductory thread, it's funny how most of us share more than one common passion.

At 43 I got myself an R15. At 44 I can hardly make the time to ride it. I have a friend in Bangalore who occasionally gets involved in restoring RD350's. If I remember right, the last time his offer came up, me and a few friends almost ended up purchasing the blue beauty fully restored, for 90 odd grand.

I am no expert on bikes either, but I do like to twist the wrist on most Sunday mornings, time and lack of hangover permitting.

And yes, I love the looks of the CBR 250R.

Regards,

sunil

This is tentatively expected price as Honda will be sourcing local vendors for the parts. My guess is it should not cost above 1.3 Lacs on Road for the basic Model.

Last edited:

FYI, from the tech specs that i read the ear section of the tyre is 140/70. Fatter than FZ tyre. Do you still think it is skinny ?

Enfield classic is a good bike. But it will not entertain the rider like what Honda CBR 250R can do. i have owned bullet in the past & currently riding Karizma R and i can tell you this.

FYI, from the tech specs that i read the ear section of the tyre is 140/70. Fatter than FZ tyre. Do you still think it is skinny ?

Enfield classic is a good bike. But it will not entertain the rider like what Honda CBR 250R can do. i have owned bullet in the past & currently riding Karizma R and i can tell you this.

You are right!!!! The rear tyre is 140. But it looks skinny in the photo anyway. Wonder how a 140 rear is going to (adversely) affect the pickup and top-end.
And why couldn't they make it a twin cylinder? :) Just complaining about the way they always short-change us Indians, be it in electronics or automobiles.

As to the ability of a bike to "entertain" a rider, I think the "entertain" aspect is a very subjective term. These "hair-dryers" are more popular among the younger set of riders, or people who are into speed. But everyone does not ride a bike just to zip from one place to the other. And by the way, if you think a Bullet was slow or lacking in manouverability, then you need to check out some of those riders in Royal Beasts, Delhi. Jitu will confirm that some of those boys can beat a Karizma (and just about any other Indian bike), on a 350cc Thunderbird. I knew a particular rider of RB whose footpegs are sharpened to dagger-points because of his extreme cornering.
A Bullet is not for everybody. You either love it or hate it. But if you like tinkering around like a grease monkey, or are into modification then nothing beats a Bullet. All of which is secondary to the riding experience. And Bullet also beats all other Indian bikes as regards longevity. If you compare a 2002 model Karizma with a 2002 model Enfield (assuming both are reasonably well-maintained), then it will be pretty obvious which bike has a more lasting value. Have you seen any first-gen Pulsars around? Assuming any of them have made it into 2010, they would look worse than those "doodh-walla" Rajdoots.
Anyway my point is not to get into any argument regarding superiority of one bike over another. As they say, to each his own.:) Because I also know a large number of people who have switched over from the Pulsars/Karizmas/Apaches to Bullet and have never looked back since.

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back