Honda Civic- ICE upgrade

sushanthace

Has anyone here upgraded the ICE on a Honda Civic? The OE system sounds decent however I would like to know how to improve the sound quality further with simple upgrades. I am not sure about the speaker brand that comes factory fitted. Was wondering if just changing the speakers would make a slight difference? I am not too keen on getting a sub. The front speakers distort a lot even at mid volumes. And I would prefer not changing the HU(one car that had the HU changed had very audible rattles coming from the dashboard).

Any suggestions are welcome

Cheers
S

you shld PM frankmehta forum member also read his ICE mods on teambhp ..If I am not wrong he did for his CIVIC.....

Good Luck

you shld PM frankmehta forum member also read his ICE mods on teambhp ..If I am not wrong he did for his CIVIC.....

Good Luck

Checked teambhp. Looks like he has done an upgrade for his Fiesta.. As such the system is not very bad on my car.

Thanks for pointing to that thread though.
Cheers
S

Checked teambhp. Looks like he has done an upgrade for his Fiesta.. As such the system is not very bad on my car.

Thanks for pointing to that thread though.
Cheers
S

As far as i remember even Dinyaar Bhai has just replaced the speakers and he was quiet happy with it.

As far as i remember even Dinyaar Bhai has just replaced the speakers and he was quiet happy with it.

Thanks Rikhav

Yes exactly. So I just wanted to know all the options I have regarding the speakers and damping. Can spend about 15k and a little more if required.

Cheers
S

Yes I have only changed the speakers. Retained the HU and have still not gone for a power amp. Speakers are Focals bought thru the distributor and they cost about 10K or less if I remember.

Well sound is definately better than what it was but I guess its screaming for a power amp!!!

I dont expect much from my car HIFI so am satisfied.
Rgds

Sushant
As Dinyaar Bhai said, there will be a difference when you replace the stock speakers with some good quiality speakers. But to get out the max you will for sure need a power amp. The HU's hardly produce any kind of power and run out of steam very easily.

Thanks for the replies. Will check some speakers over the weekend. Would adding an amp involve too much cutting, cabling etc? I assume we need to open the dash to connect the amp to the HU. I would hate to have any rattles on the dashboard after the installation...

Chennai hifi'ers- Any good ICE installer in chennai? I have come across a few recommendations on team-bhp but I have absolutely no experience with any of em. Would like to get more inputs ?

P.S- I dont listen at very loud volumes(on civic HU about 15-16 max) and definitely no posing. So would just adding good speakers and damping be sufficient?

Regards
Sushanth

I dont have much experience with car audio, but if you are not adding a sub is damping needed?

Maybe Ajay or Ali can reply to this

yes damping will be needed if you add front components... damping can make a lot of difference in the amount of mid range you can extract from your speaker.

Hi All,

I upgraded the speakers as follows:

front - Rockford Fosgate components (with Damping)
Rear- Rockford Fosgate Co-axials(6" round) - Didnt want to cut any metal to fit in Ovals

The mids and highs are fantastic now. Total Damage=10k

After listening to a few ICE there I have decided to change the HU and go for amplification and Sub after a few months.

Bought and fitted at High Tech jewels- Mahalingapuram- Chennai.

The sales person was excellent to deal with. The technician did an ok job. Even though he did fit everything well it was hurting to see them rip the seats and side panels mercilessly. Other than that the fitting was good and damping was done to satisfaction.

Cheers
S

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back