Hot deals from Emotiva

Thank you George Sir.

This offer was available for a while now, from thanks giving and its going to end by this weekend or very soon as far as I know.

I am working with them to get myself the following for my dedicated HT room to power my newly acquired Klipsch reference series speaker system - RB 81 II package.

1. XPA-200 for front main L-R.
2. UPA-500 for surrounds and center.

Waiting for their quote.

Thanks,
John.

Thanks George Sir,

I am going to use my Oppo-105 as the pre/pro for now as I want to experience their superior DAC section with 7.1 channel analog out. I am super happy with the 2 channel analog out from Oppo 105 in my stereo setup. So was wondering I will try the 7.1 channel analog out and use a power amp to drive my Klipsch.

Klipsch being more sensitive, I am planning to settle for UPA-500 for center and surrounds and for main L-R, I am planning to get XPA-200. I think XPA-2 will be an overkill.

BTW, I was reading your review on Marantz Pre/Pro and seems like you are super happy about it. A Pre/Pro is in my upgrade path, but at a later point of time :).

Thanks,
John.

Thanks George Sir,

I am going to use my Oppo-105 as the pre/pro for now as I want to experience their superior DAC section with 7.1 channel analog out. I am super happy with the 2 channel analog out from Oppo 105 in my stereo setup. So was wondering I will try the 7.1 channel analog out and use a power amp to drive my Klipsch.

Klipsch being more sensitive, I am planning to settle for UPA-500 for center and surrounds and for main L-R, I am planning to get XPA-200. I think XPA-2 will be an overkill.

BTW, I was reading your review on Marantz Pre/Pro and seems like you are super happy about it. A Pre/Pro is in my upgrade path, but at a later point of time :).

Thanks,
John.

Whoa John, Klipsch in the chain now??? Congrats :clapping: Monster BS they are eh??? :D
DO start a separate thread on your experience with them ;)

Guys,

Finally ordered my Emotiva gear :). I will pair my Klipsch RB-81 II system with them. I was confused between getting one XPA-5 vs XPA-200 + UPA-500 combo. I had couple of discussions with Emotiva tech support and they recommended me to go with XPA-200 + UPA-500 for the high sensitive Klipsch and also they said that the above combo will cover my future upgrades, because I am going to get THX certified 4ohm speakers next. The above combo will have enough power to drive the 4 ohm speakers. This amps are purely for the HT use.

Here is the total damage :)

UPA-500: $349
XPA-200: $399
2 x MRCA 7: $69.98

Freight: $308.05 FedEx International Economy

Total: $1,126.03

I will have to pay the duties when they arrive in Bangalore. I guess its going to be around 30% of the total invoice value mentioned above :(.

So the total landing cost is going to be around INR 1L based on the current exchange rate. I think with this upgrade, I will be happy for a while :D.

I will start a new thread after I get my Emotiva gear and hooking them up with my Klipsch speaker system.

Thanks,
John.

Congrats John.
Now your Denon AVR is of not much use I guess. We can expect it on HFA (hifiads.com) soon?

I would have preferred the XPA-5 since I always believe the center channel deserves equal attention as the L/R. But if you are into music, then the XPA-200 with your Oppo will be a good combo.

You can play around with your Oppo as processor before you get ready for a proper Prepro. Keep XMC-1 on your radar until then.

For importing, there are cheaper options than FedEx like Avenue sound who frequently import Emotiva stuff. But not a big difference though. And FedEx is certainly faster.

Congrats John.
Now your Denon AVR is of not much use I guess. We can expect it on HFA (hifiads.com) soon?

I would have preferred the XPA-5 since I always believe the center channel deserves equal attention as the L/R. But if you are into music, then the XPA-200 with your Oppo will be a good combo.

You can play around with your Oppo as processor before you get ready for a proper Prepro. Keep XMC-1 on your radar until then.

For importing, there are cheaper options than FedEx like Avenue sound who frequently import Emotiva stuff. But not a big difference though. And FedEx is certainly faster.

Hey Santy,

I decided on this combo after quite some discussions with Emotiva. I was almost buying XPA-5 and they recommended this combo. They said UPA-200 + UPA500 or just one UPA-700 after looking at my speaker specs. My Klipsch are "rated" for very high sensitivity. But in real life, I doubt they are. My center channel is "rated" at 98db and fronts at 97db and surrounds 95db. I don't think they are true in my situation. In an acoustic treated room, I think it will reduce by 4-5db. So the effective sensitivity is around 93db and 92db for my fronts. Still its pretty good and they said UPA will easily drive them to room filling HT sound in my room. But I upgraded the 2 channel amp to XPA-200 while ordering as my front main speakers need some solid power to work to full potential. This combo will remain for a while as I started liking Klipsch sound for movies and might go with similarly sensitivity speakers in the future or go with 4ohms THX speakers and these amp will drive them with better authority.

Regarding Denon 2310, I am going to keep them till I get a dedicated pre/pro. I might upgrade to a pre/pro later. I am looking at Marantz or Emotiva pre/pro. But NOT any time soon. I already blew up a lots of money :).

Will start a new experience thread after my Emotiva is delivered.

Thanks,
John.

My Emos landed just now :yahoo:. It came via UPS and took exactly 8 days from the day I made the payment. It was extremely smooth transaction. UPS did the doorstep delivery with out any hassles.

Here are the cost breakup FYI.

XPA-200 - $399
UPA-500 - $349
2 x MRCA7 - $70

Shipping (UPS) - $309

UPS Service charge to pay customs duty - Rs 500/-
Duty Paid to customs - Rs 18,000/-

Total landing cost : Rs 92,000/- (I used my indian CC and the exchange rate was Rs 65 / USD on 05-Jan-2014 :( )

Just unpacked and everything looks fine. Will be setting up with my Klipsch RB 81 speaker system soon.

I will start a separate thread for the new setup review.

Thanks,
John.

My Emos landed just now :yahoo:. It came via UPS and took exactly 8 days from the day I made the payment. It was extremely smooth transaction. UPS did the doorstep delivery with out any hassles.

XPA-200 - $399
UPA-500 - $349
2 x MRCA7 - $70

Shipping (UPS) - $309

Total landing cost : Rs 92,000/- (I used my indian CC and the exchange rate was Rs 65 / USD on 05-Jan-2014 :( )

Just unpacked and everything looks fine. Will be setting up with my Klipsch RB 81 speaker system soon.

Thanks,
John.

Congrats John Would love to see your new set up once you hook it up any weekend you are free :)

XPA-200 - $399
UPA-500 - $349
2 x MRCA7 - $70

Shipping (UPS) - $309

Thanks,
John.

Congrats John, would like to know how they sound to you.

Cheers

My Emos landed just now :yahoo:.

Thanks,
John.

Congratulations John. Expecting a video review if possible. And please post some pictures too :)

I'm trying to get UMC-200 (pre-pro. + pre-amp.) at least for now as the holiday season offer had been extended only for that till 20th Jan 2014.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back