HotStar comes to LG WebOS

My model number is 55UJ632T and it is on the latest version.
everything works just fine except hotstar.
Issue is not just GOT other movies and series too.

I had written to Hotstar support team and this is the reply i got

"We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. We don't wish our users to face such issues on our platform while accessing their favorite content on our platform.
We have recently rolled out an app update for LG Web OS and this issue is resolved in this update. Request you to update the app to its latest version and retry. It should work fine.
Also, we have already highlighted the issue regarding audio language on LG TV to our concerned team and they are working on resolving it.
We would appreciate your patience, in the meantime."

hope it gets solved now.
Yeah, may be issue is specific to certain models. Hope you get the update soon.

Hey I have a LG 43UH650T model and I don't see the app listed. It is from 2017. Is it only coming for latest TVs ?
Hi, Just read your post, in which you have written that the 'Hotstar' app is not built in the LG TV. But since it is an Android Smart TV we can always download it if I am not wrong. In my Sony TV too, the app wasnt inbuild, I downloaded it, and can play it without any issues.

But I would like to add that the Hotstar interface is pathetic. It is not easy to fast forward or rewind. It is equally tough to change language. I do not understand why don't they set up the language in English or Hindi by default. Also the app does not have a 'stop' button. If we want to stop the programme we need to press the 'back' button on our remote. Pls let me know if I am missing something.

Yeah, may be issue is specific to certain models. Hope you get the update soon.
When will the update roll out???! I am unable to log in as a premium member, al though the normal content is showing, it doesn't seem to accept my email ID when hotstar only recognizes mobile nos. Please help me.

The hotstar app on my LG oled c8 TV throws up an error whenever trying to play any premium content, but regular content works just fine. Has anybody encountered this issue?

It says player internal error: error generating key request InvalidStateError

The hotstar app on my LG oled c8 TV throws up an error whenever trying to play any premium content, but regular content works just fine. Has anybody encountered this issue?

reinstall and try

Got a new update for my uj752t 5.80.35 few minutes before. I cannot seem to find the firmware details on lg site.

I watch hotstar almost everyday. Haven't experienced this issue. This type of error used to come on my Netflix app on mobile sometimes, but after killing and starting again solved the issue.

I have LG B6 OLED. I think it’s 2016 version. I don’t see hotstar app in the LG store. Did anyone manage to get hotstar working on these TVs.

I have LG B6 OLED. I think it’s 2016 version. I don’t see hotstar app in the LG store. Did anyone manage to get hotstar working on these TVs.

Yes it is not there. Now LG and Hotstar are shifting blame on each other.

Hotstar says it cannot develop the app for version of LG WebOS 3.5

Yes it is not there. Now LG and Hotstar are shifting blame on each other.

Hotstar says it cannot develop the app for version of LG WebOS 3.5
LG is really worst in terms of device support and longitivity. Companies should learn from apple, they support their devices for around 5-6 years. And OLED tvs are not cheap either, especially in India.

Thats the only issue with LG they drop support even for 2 year old Tv's that too from premium range.

My model number is 55UJ632T and it is on the latest version.
everything works just fine except hotstar.
Issue is not just GOT other movies and series too.

I had written to Hotstar support team and this is the reply i got

"We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused. We don't wish our users to face such issues on our platform while accessing their favorite content on our platform.
We have recently rolled out an app update for LG Web OS and this issue is resolved in this update. Request you to update the app to its latest version and retry. It should work fine.
Also, we have already highlighted the issue regarding audio language on LG TV to our concerned team and they are working on resolving it.
We would appreciate your patience, in the meantime."

hope it gets solved now.
Did you got the update? Are all your issues resolved? Even I have all these issue with my TV too. My tv's model number is 43UJ632T.

Hi. I have OLED55C8PTA TV running latest OS version 05.10.40 (as of 8 Jan 2020). In the Hotstar app, there is no support for Rewind/Forward in LIVE SPORTS MATCHES. Is this the same for others too?

Back