How discerning are your ears? Can you hear differences in Sound signature while varying the quality of the source?

rwnano

https://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

"
Many listeners cannot hear the difference between uncompressed audio files and MP3s, but when it comes to audio quality, the size of the file isn't (ahem) everything. There are plenty of other ingredients to consider, from the quality of your headphones to the size of the room you're sitting in to, well, your own ears.

Can you hear the difference? Take this quiz to find out. One hint: Turn your volume up."

Try your best speaker & amplifier combination and please try to report the results frankly & honestly here.

I tried Tidal, FLAC and Spotify connect on my HT in stereo, and couldn't find any difference. Either my equipment or my ears are not resolving enough to discern the differences. I have hence given up the quest of Tidal and FLAC and happy with the ease of Spotify Connect.

However, I can make out the difference between Dolby Digital+ and Dolby TrueHD Atmos.

I tried Tidal, FLAC and Spotify connect on my HT in stereo, and couldn't find any difference. Either my equipment or my ears are not resolving enough to discern the differences. I have hence given up the quest of Tidal and FLAC and happy with the ease of Spotify Connect.

However, I can make out the difference between Dolby Digital+ and Dolby TrueHD Atmos.
So is there a very discernible difference between Atmos on an authentic Blu-ray disc and Atmos on streaming media.

Try your best speaker & amplifier combination and please try to report the results frankly & honestly here.
Well this particular "TEST" has done many rounds on this forum. This test has a very easy cheat code :)

Regardless - if you really want to give this a try - blast it on your system. Get to the level where you would normally never listen to music in general.
IMG_3567.JPG

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back