How much KVA stabilizer need for AVR, TV to buy & connect separately for each or altogether devices?

VJDP

Recently i bought 55" Sony Bravia XR Full Array LED TV, also in future coming days, months, i am planning to buy AV Receiver with 5.1 speakers of Dolby Atmos, DTS-X support in living room to experience surround effect by all kinds of music, songs, from TV channels, youtube, OTT platforms, FM radio, and all type of audio formats, video formats. Just at medium budget around 1 lakh to buy home theatre setup. I am living in apartment, so no need very expensive AVR, just in brands like Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha,....
I saw some AVR models in Denon such as Denon AVR-S760H, X1700H, X2800H, & Pioneer models as HTP-076 by internet search by filtered models.
Now i am worried about current fluctuations by sometimes happens during day time, during current cut off and during normal in night times after 10 or 11 pm, but not frequent current cut off, just by some times it will happens or in some day as we don't know exactly. Because of inverter in my home for backup purpose installed in balcony, if current goes off, automatically inverter with 2 exide batteries gives backup for entire rooms for all fans, tube lights, tv line, desktop computer line in bedroom with APC Back-UPS PRO BR1500G-IN, except for fridge, micro oven, electric induction stove, washing machine.
So as i bought new 55" LED TV, i want extra protection away from short circuit, surges, high low current fluctuations, also during milli seconds gap between current cut off and inverter backup. By these situations, i need very protected for my new TV with HD setup box(cable wired)(not dish antenna), and for future buying AVR. I started searching Stabilizer for TV first, some suggested in VGuard crystal plus for TV, setup box and for both TV and AVR, VGuard Digi 200 was suggested. When i searching more and more in google search about stabilizer, then i know about Servo stabilizer for more, advanced protection than VGuard Stabilizer. Again i searched more and came to my understanding of somehow i learned from internet by my little knowledge of English understanding, i prefer to buy servo stabilizer. In this servo stabilizer, there's some types of servo stabilizer, then in reality, i searched , went to two manufacturers of servo stabilizer. One of the manufacturer told me to give 2KVA or above KVA for my three devices by constant voltage stabilizer. Then another manufacturer told me as their starting servo stabilizer is from 5KVA and above. He explained about installation of two types, one method is, by connecting this 5KVA Servo stabilizer from direct power line wire, then connecting to Inverter UPS, then entire home gives stable voltage, so i connect my new TV and new AVR.
So is this okay to proceed this procedure or another suggestion gave by this same manufacturer by connecting servo stabilizer from main power line(in balcony as my inverter is installed)--> inverter UPS --> servo stabilizer --> connecting to wire line for all rooms, but if we connect this method, battery backup gives less time during current cut off.
So if anyone tell me, which method is good? Main power line-->servo stabilizer --> inverter ups --> connected to inverter line wire gives full voltage stable or before i mentioned above ?
Or only need to install servo stabilizer with tv, setup box, AVR , but already in my living hall wire line(tv switch board) is always connected to inverter line.

If anyone suggests me how much KVA need atleast for my only three devices either 2KVA or 3KVA ? (OR) by 5KVA servo stabilizer providing by my same manufacturer of my home Inverter UPS ?
Please help me to explain in simple english as i don't know much about understanding about current of volts, watts, AC, DC,...becoz of my poor knowledge of my english.

Also suggest me about AVR models from my above models i mentioned or if any other models if you know better than my mentioned models above, please go ahead to tell me, guide me if my budget is okay to reconsider...

If anyone suggests me how much KVA need
If you look at the backside of each of your audio/video equipment, there would be something called “maximum power consumption”. Add up all the max power consumption of all your heat and the total should be at least equal to the capacity of your servo stabiliser (such as 2 KVA). If you plan to add more audio gear in the future, you would want to pick up a higher KVA.

Main power line-->servo stabilizer --> inverter ups -

I don’t think you need a servo stabiliser in the chain when you already have an online inverter since the inverter produces a fixed AC voltage and frequency, which is the same thing the stabiliser does. Make sure your inverter is a pure sine wave one. If budget is a constraint, stick to the servo stabiliser (but no backup).

Make sure your inverter is a pure sine wave one. If budget is a constraint, stick to the servo stabiliser (but no backup).
Im in the same boat. Got a Sony Bravia 65 inch and the guy in the store (who seemed very clued in) said to go with the Digi 200. I also have a turntable and stereo setup. The building has a generator which is manually started so there’s a delay obviously during a power cut. Plus, generators cause surges. The electrician told me the same thing - that an inverter would assure consistent power supply at the level I want but the same chappie at the store said that in practice that’s not the case. In either way, I’ve also been looking at inverters, and will add stabilisers in the chain. Thing is, all of them claim to be pure sine wave. Luminous for example claims all their inverters are pure sine, from nearly the base model up? Are they legit? How can one tell? I’m fine with spending more but I just can’t figure out how to tel the difference. Any tips?

Im in the same boat. Got a Sony Bravia 65 inch and the guy in the store (who seemed very clued in) said to go with the Digi 200. I also have a turntable and stereo setup. The building has a generator which is manually started so there’s a delay obviously during a power cut. Plus, generators cause surges. The electrician told me the same thing - that an inverter would assure consistent power supply at the level I want but the same chappie at the store said that in practice that’s not the case. In either way, I’ve also been looking at inverters, and will add stabilisers in the chain. Thing is, all of them claim to be pure sine wave. Luminous for example claims all their inverters are pure sine, from nearly the base model up? Are they legit? How can one tell? I’m fine with spending more but I just can’t figure out how to tel the difference. Any tips?
Inverters cut over to battery backup if the power supply fails and/or the voltage goes above/below the inverter's preset limits. That usually is what happens with most inverter level power regulation.

One way to identify if the AC voltage from an inverter is pure sine wave is to check the waveform on an oscilloscope if you know how to use/interpret the scope output or know someone who does.

That said, in practice the approximated sine wave from most of the better quality inverters power AV equipment without a problem unless the equipment is overly sensitive to approximated sine wave AC.

From the previous discussions in this topic what i understood is static inverter is better than servo based stabilizer along with isolation transformer for AVR protection,. Servo based may be too noisy for a living room set up,
my 2 cents.

From the previous discussions in this topic what i understood is static inverter is better than servo based stabilizer along with isolation transformer for AVR protection,. Servo based may be too noisy for a living room set up,
my 2 cents.
But the usage of inverter and stabilizer are different. Stabilizer stables the power where as inverter we can use equipment in power outage.
Inverter no protection

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back