How the reviewers review. Interesting article

Read post number 20 in above article. It gives you a low down on how reviewing happens
Amazing share, thanks.
From the article, What dealers think about audiophiles, LOL..

"So he was happy to be an order taker and take the credit card. The 10% who give a damn about music took forever to buy stuff - would come back a half dozen times listening to everything getting home trials - these people (me) are a pain in the ass - so much work - but we usually bought the brands NOT reviewed a lot and that were carried by Terry because HE loved it and had it in his home. Uglier, no name, simple stuff. And stuff he was selling for 25 years. Meanwhile the flavour of the year would last awhile then the popularity would subside the 10% always knew it was crap (so they weren't buying it) and the lines would often get dropped. Or it had enough home theater appeal to last."

Here is another list for best of 2019.
And here is another (I used to write for this magazine):
And many more magazines including Absolute Sound and not to mention all of the British Magazines will release a list and perhaps the non-english review magazines as well.
Perhaps if I was still writing and editing Hifitoday.com we would have released a list too.
Personally I would say one needs to treat these lists just as information (and an opinion of the reviewers - no different from any other review based magazines - Cars, watches, wines, cigars etc) and should make a purchase only upon audition- just as square_wave has said.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Thanks for the share.

Spent almost lot of time on these comercial reviews, but use to have some sort of feeling that some one fooling arround me.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back