How to connect Tata Sky & DVD player at the same time?

aryamurali

I have a Samsung LCD TV and DVD player. I am not able to connect DVD player and Tata Sky at the same time as both uses same port (white red & yellow wires). Is there a solution where I can connect both DVD player and Tata Sky at the same time? Should I have to purchase a separate cable (there is no extra port to use two white, red, yellow wires together). Please help

I have a Samsung LCD TV and DVD player. I am not able to connect DVD player and Tata Sky at the same time as both uses same port (white red & yellow wires). Is there a solution where I can connect both DVD player and Tata Sky at the same time? Should I have to purchase a separate cable (there is no extra port to use two white, red, yellow wires together). Please help

I am going to simplify things for you, please follow exactly:

DVD Player
DVD Player > TV : Component video cable for video
DVD Player > TV : 2RCA to 2RCA cable for audio

Tata Sky STB
STB > TV : 3RCA to 3RCA for video/audio

Component Video Cable : 3 colour cable (Red, Blue, Green)
3RCA cable : yellow, red, white cable
2RCA cable : red, white cable

Pls reply if you need more clarification.

All you need is to buy an av switch. These are available in electronics stores. Also search in ebay. Price should be around 150 bucks.

All you need is to buy an av switch. These are available in electronics stores. Also search in ebay. Price should be around 150 bucks.

Since its a LCD TV (and not old generation CRT), there are bound to be multiple inputs on the TV. So av switch wont be required.

Follow Aakashr's suggestion. If the DVD player has HDMI, then use that. If its Tata sky+ then it would also be having HDMI port than can be utilized.

OP says 'there is no extra port to use two white, red, yellow wires together'. It is true that LCD TVs have multiple AV inputs. OP need to specify the TV model or post an image of the TV ports to get a better understanding of the situation.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back