how to ensure amazon.uk shipments are not lost

rajudhs

I have been ordering blu-rays from Amazon from over an year now.

I got all my orders till date in a weeks time (5 working days) from UK to Bangalore

i lost a shipment only 1 time and amazon returned my money
(but i fully suspect indian postal dept for this)

Below are some Tips to ensure your shipments are not stolen by Indian Postmen: (from my experience)

80% of the time, i was never charged customs. So its pure luck.

1: split orders into 25-30Euro batches so that the price is less, you may escape customs and also free shipping from Amazon.uk

2: All the shipments are normal and no tracking available, which is a -ve

3: In case customs has charged duty for your shipment, you are 100% assured that postman delivers it to you.
- Once the customs has charged duty, it becomes traceable package from customs
- so postman is forced to deliver and collect duty
- in case u r not @home postman will always 100% leave a MISSED YOU note. (They always did i for me in case there was duty and never left a note, when there was no duty)

4: In case customs has not charged Duty - then there is risk of delivery
- If someone is always @home, then there is 99% chance that postman will deliver it
- if no one is @home, when postman arrives, he wont leave the package at door step as its not a normal letter
- Postman is supposed to leave a MISSED YOU note, but i never found them leaving one, as its a untracked and untraced parcel. (un-professionalism)
- Usually they are supposed to make 3 attempts, but it all depends on postman's honesty, which is rare in india

- so wait for 7 days MAX after order, and if u have not got delivery, goto Postoffice and tell them that, you are expecting a parcel from Amazon.UK and you came to collect it, as u were not at home in last few days
(i could recover 2 times, my shipments like this, when i was not @home and postman, didn't bother to leave a note nor make 3 attempts)

- What i do these days, is that i have mobile number of postman for my area, so i call him up directly these days :). They are shameless in telling, yes, door was locked, but no explanation on why no note is left.

Hope this helps, as few folks complain here, on missing deliveries from amazon.uk

- so wait for 7 days MAX after order, and if u have not got delivery, goto Postoffice and tell them that, you are expecting a parcel from Amazon.UK and you came to collect it, as u were not at home in last few days

This is worth trying I guess. I will also recommend the same to two other collegues of mine who has lost amazon uk shipments

You are right..

Last week i got X-men quad without any duty and value is 12GBP.. As of now i never lost a package.. It happens some time, recently i got my speaker cable + Power cord ordered from china thru china post almost after 3 months, which i thought it was lost.

Amazon.USA now shipping thru some courier companies for the normal package too and it is getting charged by customs, last week i got one pack of one lot worth 4K charged for 1.8K customs and refused to take it, since the delivered courier company doesn't have customs charged slip and just like wrote in their printed sheet as I have to pay 1.8K... So I think local courier companies are cheating by just knowing the customs duty rate and try to charge us extra... I complained to AMZ and they requested me to return it back if there is no valid proof of customs charges and waiting for refund.

Regards

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back