how to find region codes (bluray)?

harsha64

hi all, sometime back my dad bought this sony bdp-s370, i want to know what region does it belong to, i checked everywhere on the player, i couldnt find anything..nd also i was checking out bluray discs on amazon.uk, apart from few which are mentioned what region do they belong to i culdnt find region codes for most..how to know that?

hi all, sometime back my dad bought this sony bdp-s370, i want to know what region does it belong to, i checked everywhere on the player, i couldnt find anything..nd also i was checking out bluray discs on amazon.uk, apart from few which are mentioned what region do they belong to i culdnt find region codes for most..how to know that?

You should be able to see on the Box of the player...Anyways if you bought it in India...Its Region C for Bluray and region free for DVDs.
Statistics Page - Blu-rayStats.com and Blu-ray, Blu-ray Movies, Blu-ray Players, Blu-ray Reviews will help you to check the region of discs.

As idlebrain said, the region code (A, B, or C) will be marked on the package box as well as on the rear of the Blu-ray player (BDP). BDP's by default are not region free. A good guess would be to look at the country of purchase and check from the following map:
Blu-ray_regions_with_key.png

The country of sale (not manufacturing) will indicate the region.

As far as discs are concerned, just check the movie from blu-ray.com (links provided by idlebrain).

As idlebrain said, the region code (A, B, or C) will be marked on the package box as well as on the rear of the Blu-ray player (BDP). BDP's by default are not region free. A good guess would be to look at the country of purchase and check from the following map:
Blu-ray_regions_with_key.png

The country of sale (not manufacturing) will indicate the region.

As far as discs are concerned, just check the movie from blu-ray.com (links provided by idlebrain).

Well Done...This picture xplains ALL............Thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back