How to stream music from pc using bluetooth dongle

pradeepkamat

I have recently purchased a SoundLink Mini Blutooth speaker of Bose make.
Now I can stream music from my Samsung tablet which is already blutooth enabled.

But now I want to stream music from my Desk Top PC, which is not blutooth enabled. Now I would like to know, how can I make it blutooth enabled & stream music like I do using the tablet.

I came to know that there are Bluetooth dongles available in the market costing around Rs.100/- . But can these be used for streaming music? If so then how to do it exactly?

Most likely the cheaper ones will of bluetooth v1 standard and bandwidth limited. Try getting EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) bluetooth V2 version of usb dongle. ASUS Mini Bluetooth Dongle (USB-BT211) is one of them (It is v2.1) ASUS Mini Bluetooth Dongle (USB-BT211) - Buy @ Rs.698/- Online | Snapdeal.com Check for other sites / shops for competitive pricing.

Thank you for your quick responce.
I checked the specs. and appears to be suitable for the purpose.
I have contacted local dealers for the same and waiting for their quote, otherwise I will get it on line.

After searching local market and contacting Asus Representative in Pune, it was not available readily in market.

So I searched on google for the BT-211 and found it was available for around Rs.700/- to 800/- on line purchase. Also I found an advertisement on Quickr and luckilly the seller was from Pune.

I contacted him on phone & got it yesterday for Rs.650/- new packed piece.
I installed the software and the drivers from the CD provided and paired it with my Bose Soundlink Mini bluetooth speaker. It worked nicely.

Now my next target is to get a suitable Bluetooth receiver/adapter to be used with my Marantz NR-1402 AVR.

Any suggestions for the same?

Logitek and Parrot has one. Be sure to have A2DP profile when you buy, but normally V2.1 is with that only.

Thank you for the information.
I got info.about Logitek & Belkin. I was not knowing about Parrot & will find out on net.

Also I have seen Marantz RX-101 Bluetooth Adapter available at Hifimart.
The cost is little higher. But I feel it will match properly with my Marantz AVR NR-1402.

All above mentioned adapters are having A2DP profile.

Finally I purchased Marantz RX-101 bluetooth receiver from Hifimart for Rs.3600/-

I installed it and now I can stream music form my Desk top PC and also through my Samsung Tab.

Excellent sound quality!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back