HQ Player based streamer

ravi_d

Hello everyone

I'm trying to build a HQ player based music streamer. I want to try up-sampling all music to DSD using HQ Player. I've a DAC which can benefit feeding DSD as it has DSD Direct mode which bypasses the delta-sigma modulation stage.

Many on other forums who were using HQ Player for up-sampling to DSD have been using Roon to control HQ Player as it doesn't come with it's own remote control app. I don't want to integrate Roon just for it's remote control feature. I strictly want to use the DSD up-sampling capabilities of HQ player and want to feed my DAC in DSD format.

Has anyone here managed to use HQ Player without integrating Roon? If yes what third party software you using for controlling it.

I'm building a PC based on AsRock Deskmini 110 barebone pc + i5 3GHz quad core processor + 16GB DDR4 ram + 500 GB HDD (will upgrade to SSD later if required). I want to run HQ Player (yet to buy subscription) on this PC.

I will buy Beaglebone black or some other SBC and run HQ Player NAA which can stream audio to the DAC. I can't afford a ready made network players like microRendu etc.
I still need to buy SBC to try it myself. I'll update this thread with my findings if I manage to try it myself.

You don't need to have a third party software to control HQPlayer.

When not using Roon I just use Remote Desktop to remote into my audio server.
It works similar to a CD Player with just basic controls - by design.
If you don't care for fancy controls just load a few albums at a time.

HQPlayer.jpg

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back