i don't understand this

moktan

i lost my front lens cap for an olympus zuiko lens...
on searching online sites i chanced upon Olympus LC-40.5 Front Lens Cap for Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Lens | eBay
where the price of the said cap is ....
Olympus LC-40.5 Front Lens Cap for Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Lens
Genuine Import from USA to INDIA
Item condition: New
Time left: 5d 03h (01 Jun, 201222:46:55 IST)
Quantity: 1
10 available
Price: Rs. 4,262.00
Buy It NowBuy It Now

whereas the same cap on amazon Amazon.com: Olympus LC-40.5 Front Lens Cap for Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Lens: Camera & Photo
is listed as
Olympus LC-40.5 Front Lens Cap for Olympus 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko Lens
by Olympus
2.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (14 customer reviews) | Like (1)
List Price: $7.49
Price: $5.00 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
You Save: $2.49 (33%)

In Stock.
Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
Sold by Focus Camera and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.
5 new from $5.00

am i missing something here?

Last edited:
The product listed in ebay.in is located at USA. Practically someone is buying it from US and reselling the same here.

The listing in amazon sounds like it is actually not in stock. Also you need to use service like borderlinx,vpost,shopandship etc., to receive at your home.

Also check this Genuine Olympus LC-40.5 40.5mm Lens Cap. USA SELLER! Fast Domestic Shipping | eBay

Same shop and ship service shall be used and bought from ebay.com

The product listed in ebay.in is located at USA. Practically someone is buying it from US and reselling the same here.

The listing in amazon sounds like it is actually not in stock. Also you need to use service like borderlinx,vpost,shopandship etc., to receive at your home.

Also check this Genuine Olympus LC-40.5 40.5mm Lens Cap. USA SELLER! Fast Domestic Shipping | eBay

Same shop and ship service shall be used and bought from ebay.com

thank you very much. but i still wonder why such a big difference in the price. do they expect anyone to buy a lens cap for 4K?. anyway i am using a Sonia uv filter for Rs200/- or thereabouts...

ebay.in items located at overseas are always priced higher. I really dont know the reason. I always check for the actual item in ebay.com and buy directly from ebay.com whenever required.

The seller cart2indiaonline is either not genuine or has the pricing system messed up. Do not consider his price as ebay.in standard.

Some of his products are ridiculously priced.I saw prices in excess of INR 30000 (Yes, Thirty Thousand) for a pack of 4 Eneloop batteries back in 2011. I raised the issue with the seller, but got a reply saying, it is based on exchange rates and there is nothing wrong in their pricing.

My suggestion is, ignore the seller and look elsewhere to get the right market price.

The seller cart2indiaonline is either not genuine or has the pricing system messed up. Do not consider his price as ebay.in standard.

Some of his products are ridiculously priced.I saw prices in excess of INR 30000 (Yes, Thirty Thousand) for a pack of 4 Eneloop batteries back in 2011. I raised the issue with the seller, but got a reply saying, it is based on exchange rates and there is nothing wrong in their pricing.

My suggestion is, ignore the seller and look elsewhere to get the right market price.

I agree completely! I have (am) suffering by buying from this fraud seller. Am waiting for eBay to refund my money as I write this. Complete fraud seller. Do a Google search on "cart2india fraud" & see for yourself. Save yourself the agony!!

Moktan, I would have gone to a used camera shop and buy one suitable lens cover. But that's me.

I do have various brands of lenses on a single digital or film body, and mostly lens covers of those lenses match in diameters.
For example I have Sony, Pentax, Canon, Jupitar lenses on my NEX3 and their caps do get interchanged. even their back caps works. for example PK back caps work on Sone lenses.

Thanks to all for their inputs.
Sumanto that is what I did exactly.I looked around for a generic 40.5mm cover. Finally ended up buying a cheap uv filter, but it serves the purpose.
I was just browsing through the sites wondering how much the cap would cost (I expected it to be around Rs100/- or thereabouts) when I noticed this intriguing price.
Now that some bitter experiences are being shared about this unsavoury seller I guess some purposed has been served.
A lens cap which ostensibly costs about 5USD was being listed upwards of Rs4000/- . I thought there was some method to the madness.
Apparently that seller is just foolishly greedy.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back