I own a 2004 Ram 1500 w/infinity CD w/cassette. when I turn on player all 4omh speakers work for 30 sec. or so then cut out.

gtoRich67

Car sound dealer charged me $150 to tell me I need a whole new blue tooth system $700.He said my front speakers have blown amps and my player is bad. only this the player shows it's receiving signals and changing stations but I believe the main amp reset cut out. After a cool down period speakers come on again and the process repeats. Will putting in 8omh speakers in take the strain off the amp?

Car sound dealer charged me $150 to tell me I need a whole new blue tooth system $700.He said my front speakers have blown amps and my player is bad. only this the player shows it's receiving signals and changing stations but I believe the main amp reset cut out. After a cool down period speakers come on again and the process repeats. Will putting in 8omh speakers in take the strain off the amp?

Hi,

Welcome to HFV.

I am sure you will find your experience here very enriching and enjoyable.

Make sure to visit the countless posts which is based on direct experience, technical knowledge and honest feedback.

If the post / response to you helps in any way, use the 'Like' button which is located at the right hand bottom of the post. This helps to build up positive reputation for the FM (Fellow Member).

Hope you have a great journey here!

All the best!

Based on what you mentioned, suggest you check on the tech specs of the player and accordingly pair appropriate impedance speakers. The cut out happening due to overheating or could possibly be some loose open bare wire of a speaker. Check all this.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back