iBasso T3 : how good is it ?

Just heard them with my Shure 315 and I felt it had little high treble which I felt would cause fatigue. Heard them for just 1 hr...so take mine with a pinch of salt.

I have T3, not T4. To my ears, these sound mostly transparent. There are two gain buttons - +2 and +5. Only one of my IEMs, DBA-02 hisses with the +5dB gain on. Otherwise, I do not have a hissing issue with RE0, PFE or other IEMs I tried them with. I've got the T3 (not the T3D), so sometimes the analog volume control inside the pocket reduces my gain automagically. The battery typically lasts around 30 hrs on a full charge (Did note it only once, not since then). Treble peak? Don't ask treble heads about it ;)

FiiO E9 will be out soon (review samples with head-fiers). If you can wait for sometime, I think it's better to check out E9 as well.

For sometime now, I've been looking at this for an upgrade - Headphonia.com - Headstage Arrow 12HE 2G (High Efficiency). Unfortunately, there's a waiting time of 2-5 months (or even more?). Rob is a perfectionist and there are more orders than he can handle now.

Last edited:
^E9 is a desktop amp right? How could it be a replacement for T3? I hate waiting time, that's the reason why I dropped plans to buy Headstage Arrow. Otherwise I had planned to buy that instead of sparrow. Got a desktop amp instead of a portable one. lol

Thanks for ur inputs, esantosh.
I have ordered a t3.
Which headphones do u recommend. I was going to buy the re-252 on te but u literally snatched it before us all.

Thnks

Since you were looking to get the RE-252, I'd assume you want something on the analytical side of things.

1) RE-ZERO, which is said to be more refined than RE0, does not need an amp, but needs a balanced adapter. I think buying a new RE-ZERO is more VFM than a new RE-252.

2) RE-252 if it comes on sale. It could happen in the coming months and you could actually snatch one for less than I paid.

3) DBA-02, if you do not mind it's aggressive style of presentation. Amarbir has a sweet deal on TE for Rs. 7925 shipped.

4) Phonak PFE is a very nicely balanced IEM. But, it does not present micro details.

A few other choices based only on reviews:

• SM3 - Good bass, warm mids, very refined presentation
  • UM3X - It's a professional monitor. So, it's separation and details would be great. But, the presentation is something you either love or hate.
  • CK10 / CK100 - Have become very hard to get. Need to import from Japan. Very similar to DBA-02 in presentation, but CK10 has the best build quality (incl the cable) and a better 3D presentation than DBA-02. For CK100, I have not read much. Can get an idea from head-fi.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back