ideal tv size

huntersingh

my room is 16ft long
i would lcd tv

what is the biggest i can put in my bedroom

lcd on one wall
and bed on oppositve wall

also ple mention optimum height to palce the lcd..distance from floor to the central point of the lcd

At 16', I would say get the biggest you can afford. I have a 40" at 8 feet, and it's just about OK.

my room is 16ft long
i would lcd tv

what is the biggest i can put in my bedroom

lcd on one wall
and bed on oppositve wall

also ple mention optimum height to palce the lcd..distance from floor to the central point of the lcd

why not 108 Inches?( you have not specified budget)

yeah right its not a puzzle :eek:hyeah: give him practical suggestion :cool:

Last edited:
I would suggest you have a look at LG 50PK550.. or the Samsung C550.. (both Plasma) Great value for money..

If LCD / LED go for 46 inches. I.e if your budget is under 1 lac :)

I am assuming that this TV in bedroom is not your primary TV and you would have one in living room for watching movies and other stuff.
However, if you intend to do serious watching, then I would recommend you read this article : 1080p Does Matter – Here's When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution) | CarltonBale.com. It has a calculator which would assist you in getting the right size.
Here are the recommended size for your viewing distance based on the content type :
420p : 50"+
720p : 80"+
1080p : 120"+

Now as someone noted these are huge. So a 40/42 may suffice if just watching News or hindi soaps.

Since you are planning to put that set on Bedroom, I am assuming that you will be using it at night with minimal lighting. So you may consider Plasma TVs. Plasma's cost less for screens above 42". But some Plasmas are reflective so lighting condition is crucial. Without knowing your budget cannot recommend one. To give you an idea,

For 50" you get,
LG 50PK550 at 55~62 K
Samsung C550 at 60 ~ 70K
Panasonic V20 at ~1.1L

For 60" LG 60PK550 at ~1.2 L

If you share the intended usage, you may get better suggestions.

Forget about question on TV placement. Here is the link :
HDTV Set Up THX.com

Briefly, center of the TV should be in you eye level. The above line has pics which gives you a better idea.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back