IEMs vs Open back headphone sound observations confusing

The price for Arya is one factor, the price for making it sing is a different ballgame :)

I had the Arya on a loaner tour for almost 2 weeks and had a demo unit of Ananda for around 3-4 days , my SS amp did not synergize really well with the Arya in terms of the tonality but the details were more than present as compared to the Ananda which were singing quiet well but i could notice the layering of instruments was not as good compared to the Arya. Was not in a position to invest in a new amp setup and decided to go for Ananda.

Still interested in going for an Arya some fine day with a tube amp, but for now the Ananda is more than serving its purpose.

I will certainly remember this if I can move up the chain in future.

I will certainly remember this if I can move up the chain in future.
Well @fLUX after seeing your input I did spent sometime to check out comparisons as well as reviews and it didn't take me long to understand that the gradual step up in the models are really worth their respective price point.

It would not have made sense if I already had the Sundara and it was clear to me that Ananda was better than Sundara in every aspect.

So even though didn't even think that I would invest in such a price point I took the plunge.
Well HPZ offer was something I cudnt refuse.

It says it's easy to drive and rated at 25ohms so will I be OK to drive it with a basic amp/DAC like the Hip DAC which i have?
Or will it need a better amp/DAC to shine to its full potential?

Thanks

@dextrostar You took the plunge for Hifiman Ananda ?

Yeah man. Thought the reviews and input from yourself was enough to convince me.

Digging further it seems the stock cable isn't that good.
Have you upgraded your cable or got a balanced cable? Can you use a balanced cable with it?

Cheers

Back