If you had to pick between these brands for floorstanders

Auditioning is fun.
It takes time, but it helps in convincing yourself that your money is being put to your usage and tastes.
Don't rush the process. Enjoy listening to good/bad/ugly amp-speaker pairings (as told my your ear-brain circuit).

I have usually seen that folks when they settle on an amp-speaker match up, it stays with them for years.
Upstream components, like CD player, DAC, streamers, etc come and go.
The guts and muscle remain in place.
Cheers,
Raghu

Depends on your budget really the new mid-high end PSB's are awesome. Can't go wrong with Dynaudio great drivers, great design. You need to listen to equivalent models of both brands and decide which one you prefer. Have never heard Totems.

As a PSB Image B15 stand mount user, I have a soft corner to recommend the brand. I say this after owning another speaker that costs about 10x more than what I paid for the PSB's. The sound is rich, the bass is tight and I have never had any ear fatigue moments with this tiny budget speaker. It needs quality power and that is easily achieved with a good amplifier. This would apply for any speaker to sound its best too.

Not heard a Totem so cannot comment. The inter web does sing praises about them.
Little experience with Dyna Audio though some of their speakers are rated at 4 ohms so you'll need to a spend a bit if it is going to be an integrated amplifier.

Take your time and audition everything that is on the table. You will hear one speaker and say WOW. The you'll hear another one and say, how is it possible for this speaker to sound so good. It goes on and on until you find that one speaker that absolutely nails it.

Back