Improvements in Speaker Audio Quality in the Last 30 Years

And this is leading to a large set of people who are anti-social and become deaf by the age of 35-40. By anti-social, I mean a set of people who are hooked to their phones with headphones plugged to their ears. Doctors in the US and Europe are alarmed at the rising deafness of the younger generation.

In my office, I am the only one who does not wear headphones. Everyone else does. You really have to go and touch them or do a rain dance in front of them to get their attention. Crazy!!

Cheers
couldnt agree more. Especially in elevators where there would be folks with a smarphone with rather low quality earbuds and with music blaring which one can hear ..those ears are not going to last long !

Hari. You are correct about the hype. It is created by audio reviewers, Internet blogs and Internet forums. Direct advertising by the manufacturer is a smaller part of the hype. But you are incorrect about Bose. At least I have not seen any Bose reviews by major magazines like Stereophile, WhatHiFi in 20 years. Did you see any blogs or forums devoted to praising Bose?

LOL, the opposite. In a lot of forums you mention Bose and there will be a fight. I have found bose to make some good products, some bad products and some that work in some situations and not in others - LOL, much like the rest of the world. Not just audio, much like the world.

Cool.
Srinath.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back